Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure if I get it right but as far as I know on a point stay the AMB benefits don't apply. All above booked room is complimentory. I don't understand what kind kind of expectations you guys have in this kind of resort. I mean its a 5'star resort and its obvious that prices are higher than in local bars.

The taste of food in the evening is great and prices at the bar are not overpriced. At the moment I'm a little "disapointed" from the breakfast. But mainly from the bread. It's too squeezY and not cross. Breaky at St. Regis BKK was better. And I got it better in mind here. But we still talk about small things its all still fine.

I wonder about prices and discount you discuss. I was asked for breaky 850thb ++ and got 20% discount. It would be great if someone could confirm the 750.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:19 pm

I ate there yesterday for breakfast and got the 750 thb rate for myself and wife.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Ok we just finished a 2 room 4 night stay for 4 person. All booked with points.

First of all it was our 2nd stay and they could not remeber the first one with was under Arno the old GM. Things changed in the Resort but for me it's a great or even a better place than. before.

When we arrived I was greated as AMB by several people. Even next day the guest relation manager showed up at the beach hoever they could find us. We got 2 see view delux or however the call it in th emain building in the lower level but with an excellent view.

We had several times breakfast and/or lunch and dinner. We found the quality of food very good.

Pro:
- nice room on point stay
- 20 % discount for breakfast with cost 850thb ++ thb p.p.
- general good food quality and propper pricing
- good to very good service
- nice gym area
- a real relaxing area, I don't need more something real personal I would say
- excellent customer service in my case
Con
- consitency of service or quality at Flames one day bread as a starter next day not one day all mesl where cold next day excellent thats a pitty
- general Thai problem you have to talk to management if you want something otherwise you are lost, will explain ...

In my case I aske for a late check out a day before leaving. At the frontdesk the answer was with standard rules ... our checking out time is 12:00 but we can extend to 1pm if you want later you have to pay and only one of our 2 rooms is possible...

In the afternoon guest relation manager showed up at the beach came to us and asked all ok? I answered yeah but. ... and she admitted I know everything is fixed you can stay until 4pm and we move you belongings to anathor room we will prepare for you!

That was unexpected an a realy excellent service.I would have been glad with only one room to be extended with extra towels.

We enjoyed it very much and will return for sure again!

Thanks to the IC Samui Team!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
Is anyone seeing award availability for this property for Jan.-Feb. of 2016? I had hoped to make a few bookings before the new rate. It seems as if the entire inventory is gone from this property.........
Old May 3, 2015, 1:51 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
Is anyone seeing award availability for this property for Jan.-Feb. of 2016? I had hoped to make a few bookings before the new rate. It seems as if the entire inventory is gone from this property.........
Hi, from experience, i do not believe that award availability has been added yet for those dates that are about 8-9 months later.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
I had almost zero luck finding any award availability at this property for a stay this past January, and I was looking regularly from months in advance to the day before. You might have better luck but I'd strongly encourage you to at least book a (cancellable) backup elsewhere and not bank on this one opening up closer in.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

This property just plays games. Once the new point redemption list was released, but before it took effect, this hotel removed all award nights for the entire year, not a single bookable room.

I would have expected them to open up award rooms now that the new rate is here, but they haven't done so yet, either because they are lazy or they don't want it to be so obvious that they are playing games.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by whimike
This property just plays games. Once the new point redemption list was released, but before it took effect, this hotel removed all award nights for the entire year, not a single bookable room.

I would have expected them to open up award rooms now that the new rate is here, but they haven't done so yet, either because they are lazy or they don't want it to be so obvious that they are playing games.
Previously after they have problem with upgrade room bookable with point
All availability are gone. Fees day before this point change I try to search availability it had few days and when available calendar pop up it show zero available date.It's look like some errors on availability calendar.
FYI
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:34 am

We did a three part review of our stay at this property in a 2 bedroom villa, which might be interesting to those considering a stay at this property:

Part I

Part II

Part III
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: IHG® Rewards Club
Originally Posted by Miles Down Under
We did a three part review of our stay at this property in a 2 bedroom villa, which might be interesting to those considering a stay at this property:

Part I

Part II

Part III
Dear Miles Down Under,

Thank you so much for this awesome review on Flyertalk and your blog. It is a real pleasure to welcome you.

I am delighted to hear that you had enjoy stay and would love to share your wonderful feedback with the entire team, club benefits as well as the overall hotel facilities and service are exceed your expectation.

Your review makes us very proud and is a big motivation for all of us at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort.

Please feel free to let me know when you are planning your next visit.

The entire team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Stephane Duchenne
General Manager
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by InterContinental Samui
Dear Miles Down Under,

Thank you so much for this awesome review on Flyertalk and your blog. It is a real pleasure to welcome you.

I am delighted to hear that you had enjoy stay and would love to share your wonderful feedback with the entire team, club benefits as well as the overall hotel facilities and service are exceed your expectation.

Your review makes us very proud and is a big motivation for all of us at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort.

Please feel free to let me know when you are planning your next visit.

The entire team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Stephane Duchenne
General Manager
Welcome to Flyertalk. You may want to consider getting in touch with the moderators and getting your account verified as a company representative so everyone knows it is legitimate.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:10 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by demue
Welcome to Flyertalk. You may want to consider getting in touch with the moderators and getting your account verified as a company representative so everyone knows it is legitimate.
We have already contacted the ICSamui.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:14 pm

Tried to find award availability without success. Do you have any idea if it's a bug?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by fred8ab
Tried to find award availability without success. Do you have any idea if it's a bug?
Same issue here looking in late March. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Vorsprung
Same issue here looking in late March. Anyone have any ideas?
Pretty common for this property, unfortunately - if you read upthread some, you'll see that it's often extraordinarily difficult to find any award availability whatsoever. I tried in vain for a trip earlier this year, came up empty handed after watching for months, stayed elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.