Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Some time ago there was announct to have a certain kind of Club Level at this IC. They told me there was supossed to be a special area and in my understanding drinks included at the bar. But it does not seem to be bookable.

Does anybody know if it was implemented at any time?

How about breakfast at reward nights? Any recent information for AMB's?.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm also wondering on the club.
I got those 2 bdrm villas booked and club won't be included (even as a RA). Is the club worth the extra cost, or is it better off just to skip it? there are 5 of us going.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
same too, the club benefits seems to just state that evening cocktails are "selected beverages at private lounge" dont seem to include light bites and stuff

http://samui.intercontinental.com/benefits

Is it me or the sentencing in the link which make me assume that club facilities are only made available with a paid topup to suites and villa guests only?

This property seem a little vague unlike the Hua Hin IC which is very straight forward for guests reserving club rooms. =(
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:13 am

From what I gathered anyone can purchase the club benefits.
I also got info from the hotel you can purchase 1/2 board and full board options. The breakfast is the buffet with dinner being a set menu (either in Amber or Flames).
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jason8612
From what I gathered anyone can purchase the club benefits.
I also got info from the hotel you can purchase 1/2 board and full board options. The breakfast is the buffet with dinner being a set menu (either in Amber or Flames).
"Invitation to management-hosted cocktail party (once-a-week)"

Well this was supppossed to be once a week. And at least all AMB's or RA should be invited to the evening cocktail at the beach. At least 1,5 year ago we were invited.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: IHG SPG KF OW Marco Polo
Club Benefits at IC Samui

Originally Posted by jason8612
I'm also wondering on the club.
I got those 2 bdrm villas booked and club won't be included (even as a RA). Is the club worth the extra cost, or is it better off just to skip it? there are 5 of us going.
My party of 5 were booked in a 2 bedroom villa in May. As RA, we were offered full club benefits. This was to make up for the double upgrade that they could not offer seeing as the 2 bedroom is the highest priced in the resort (they won't give the 3 bedder for sure).

Anyhow, the club benefits included a few more options where we could have breakfast, daily tea, free coffee and tea throughout the estate and comp evening canapes at the Air Bar. We were also invited for the management drinks and a one way free airport transfer.

It was great and the property is fantastic with impeccable service. This was my second visit.

Drop them an email (which is what I did) to confirm the privileges. Having been to both properties a couple of times each, I find the Koh Samui property much more generous than Huahin. Koh Samui is much more beautiful but it is not close to many amenities. Huahin, on the other end offers many more options than hotel dining.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by travelisfree
I'm looking at koh samui and there are so many places to stay!

Why should I justify the IC? (Besides status and points) Like what makes it great/unique? Is there any reason to go here instead of the W, Conrad etc?

In Samui, I have only stayed in the IC. So I can't compare it to the competitor hotels.

But I absolutely loved the IC. Service was amazing, food fantastic, rooms superb in a luxe-colonial style. I can't wait to go back (though might use points this time )

Again, not sure if it is "unique" but the air bar is just awesome - cocktails watching the sunset.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by fern76
My party of 5 were booked in a 2 bedroom villa in May. As RA, we were offered full club benefits. This was to make up for the double upgrade that they could not offer seeing as the 2 bedroom is the highest priced in the resort (they won't give the 3 bedder for sure).

Anyhow, the club benefits included a few more options where we could have breakfast, daily tea, free coffee and tea throughout the estate and comp evening canapes at the Air Bar. We were also invited for the management drinks and a one way free airport transfer.

It was great and the property is fantastic with impeccable service. This was my second visit.

Drop them an email (which is what I did) to confirm the privileges. Having been to both properties a couple of times each, I find the Koh Samui property much more generous than Huahin. Koh Samui is much more beautiful but it is not close to many amenities. Huahin, on the other end offers many more options than hotel dining.

I did drop them a email and I got told that no benefits will apply
Oh well. No loss. I'll just order my room service breakfast in my 2 bedroom 2 floor villa
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:55 pm

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Has anyone had any luck booking award stays recently here? I see no availability at all in 2014-2015 for reward nights
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by bubbabp
Has anyone had any luck booking award stays recently here? I see no availability at all in 2014-2015 for reward nights
Regrettably, this does seem to be the case.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
I have seen a few windows of points bookings open up around the end of each month, and then disappear within a few hours. Its almost like someone notices at the hotel and they go in and remove it. . Using that window I grabbed a week last month, but it doesn't seem entirely predictable.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BA exec IHG Gold Ambassador Gold Hilton Honours
reward points

Originally Posted by Derrico
I have seen a few windows of points bookings open up around the end of each month, and then disappear within a few hours. Its almost like someone notices at the hotel and they go in and remove it. . Using that window I grabbed a week last month, but it doesn't seem entirely predictable.
I just got 6 nights May 2015 in king ocean view. For extra 60 quid a night I get upgraded to Club Premier Ocean room with full Club benefits. All confirmed by hotel
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by fred8ab
Some time ago there was announct to have a certain kind of Club Level at this IC. They told me there was supossed to be a special area and in my understanding drinks included at the bar. But it does not seem to be bookable.

Does anybody know if it was implemented at any time?

How about breakfast at reward nights? Any recent information for AMB's?.
The hotel offers club benefits without a physical club.

I have been there twice this year on award stays. Great property and excellent service. Club benefits keep changing. IMHO, it's not worth the money to purchase the club benefits -- the quality of afternoon tea and HH are not that great. You are better off to pay for breakfasts and occasionally afternoon tea or happy hour.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:33 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by happyranter
I just got 6 nights May 2015 in king ocean view. For extra 60 quid a night I get upgraded to Club Premier Ocean room with full Club benefits. All confirmed by hotel
Im looking for 3-4 nights here, will probably either be a points+cash or reward nights stay (in early Feb 2015). I am a gold Amb as well, am I also eligible for paying extra for club benefits ?

Do I have to stay more nights or pay BAR rates for this ?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Im looking for 3-4 nights here, will probably either be a points+cash or reward nights stay (in early Feb 2015). I am a gold Amb as well, am I also eligible for paying extra for club benefits ?

Do I have to stay more nights or pay BAR rates for this ?
I was there in June on a point stay, and they pitched me on paying extra for club benefits, so you should also get an offer.

Friendly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.