Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Priority Club Points & Cash Trick - Deep Discounts on Priority Club Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: As many as I can!

I tried searching the forums, but could not find a detailed post on the Priority Club "Cash & Points" trick which allows you to buy Priority Club points for 0.6 cents per point.

Being able to buy Priority Club points for 0.6 cents per point will let you stay at any InterContinental for $240 (including taxes) or any Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza for $150!

I blogged about the Points & Cash trick today, in great detail along with a 7-step guide, and thought that posting here might help explain the "Points and Cash" trick to others

Last edited by Million Mile Secrets; Jun 7, 2011 at 8:52 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:57 am

A thread already exists and this should probably be merged......

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-merged-8.html
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Thanks for that but unless I've misunderstood it wouldn't your Step 5 be 15k back into your account and not the 10k you've stated?????
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:39 am
Original Poster

@CokeandTaco - The other thread is too long and the Points and Cash trick is buried in the detail!

@Bloobell - I've rewritten Step 5 to be clearer. Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by Million Mile Secrets; Jun 7, 2011 at 11:24 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Thank you captain
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:57 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

This "trick" is well known on FT - and like any trick, the more widely it is publicised, the more chance there is that PC will be forced to shut it down.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ag51
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

This "trick" is well known on FT - and like any trick, the more widely it is publicised, the more chance there is that PC will be forced to shut it down.
The trick may be well known, but there is no clear information on how to use the trick. This will be a good guide for beginners!

Yes, the more widely publicized a deal is, the more likely it will be closed.

But weren't we all beginners once?

Last edited by Million Mile Secrets; Jun 7, 2011 at 11:26 am Reason: Missing question mark
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
The trick may be well known, but there is no clear information on how to use the trick. This will be a good guide for beginners!

Yes, the more widely publicized a deal is, the more likely it will be closed.

But weren't we all beginners once?
No, it's not a good guide, it just makes it more readily available for everyone to see. There's no point to this thread besides selling your own website, this topic been discussed in another thread already.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:44 am

Didn't you just start the same thread in the hotel deals forum?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
By making this such a public issue, you may expose PC members to sanctions contained in the T&Cs:

Membership Cancellation. SCH reserves the right to cancel any Priority Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed Priority Club points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of these Terms and Conditions; 2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges; 4) failure to pay for hotel charges; 5) a check to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason; 6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program; 7) more than one active account per member; or 8) physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or IHG personnel; or 9) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by SCH in its sole discretion.

IHG has tightened the policies regarding this option for Reward Nights, but they could easily invoke their rights as defined in the membership T&Cs.

mxm135
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:04 pm

I blogged about the Points & Cash trick today, in great detail along with a 7-step guide, and thought that posting here might help explain the "Points and Cash" trick to others
We understand that you're flogging a blog. What I suggest you need to understand is that blogging about dark-side techniques (and then tooting your horn about it) stands a good chance of earning you a really rotten reputation. If you don't believe me, try Googling "airfarewatchdog fuel dump."
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:16 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm fairly sure PC know that such a trick exists. In fact many of PC's loopholes I suspect are intentionally made that way.

Part of the beauty of getting to know a program is to find these little nuggets. I very much doubt PC will shut this down, but if they do!

Also this is a forum for information, your post is great, but if you want a dedicated thread for this subject then you need to post all the information in that dedicated thread and not on your blog, which could vanish in a year's time.

Also this isn't really the best way to promote your blog, just leave a link in your signature and people will find you. Keep posting, but at least mirror your informed posts with your blog!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:07 pm

[QUOTE=Million Mile Secrets;16518925]@CokeandTaco - The other thread is too long and the Points and Cash trick is buried in the detail!

So you post it to your blog and come here (and presumably elsewhere) for free advertising to try and draw visitors, rather than creating a new post actually containing the details here.

And that's ignoring the fact it's known to every FTer in the ICH forum already...
Old Jun 7, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=jimthehorsegod;16520567]
@CokeandTaco
So you post it to your blog and come here (and presumably elsewhere) for free advertising to try and draw visitors, rather than creating a new post actually containing the details here.

And that's ignoring the fact it's known to every FTer in the ICH forum already...
Well, I did post the basic details in my post, but also included the link to my post in case the reader wanted more details and a step-by-step guide to the trick

And, oh, your statement that "it's known to every FTer in the ICH forum already..." is easily proved false, by reviewing the number of times someone has asked "What is the Points and Cash trick?," only to be shot down.

Moderators: Please remove this thread if you feel it is inappropriate.

Last edited by Million Mile Secrets; Jun 7, 2011 at 4:31 pm Reason: Missing comma
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Motors
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm fairly sure PC know that such a trick exists. In fact many of PC's loopholes I suspect are intentionally made that way.

Loophole are not "made that way". PC (or other large companies) may ignore the issue as long is it doesn't cost them noticeable money but it you rub it in their faces long enough it will be stopped.

It is particularly annoying when a well known but less publicized topic becomes a subject of plagiarism by some wannabe blogger. Aside from not contributing anything new to the topic (other than self centered claims) this often leads to
a) existing deals being shut down
b) new deals not shared

Posting this self promoting stuff on FT is not inappropriate from T&Cs standpoint (if anything FT only gets more immediate traffic) but it is selfish and long term it will harm FT as people simply will not disclose new deals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.