Last Minute Rewards?

Old May 4, 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by bartla
As soon as you logon with your PC account, and try to access http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...-reward-nights you get "We are sorry, our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance."
Thank you for the post.
The link you posted takes me to a listing of the hotels available.

Last edited by CokeandTaco; May 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Only the US listed = 127 hotels including a couple of Intercontinental for
15000 Dallas and Chicago, I hope we get some Europe hotels soon
Old May 4, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bartla
As soon as you logon with your PC account, and try to access http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...-reward-nights you get "We are sorry, our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance."
Thanks, looks like it working now, only a couple of days late!
Old May 4, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Yes, that is looking MUCH better ...^
Old May 4, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
It looks like access is restricted by cookies.

It doesn't show any 'Last Minute Reward nights' for me, but I can see the US ones if I log out, and delete my login cookie.

That is, if I am signed-in, or have my id remembered, then it won't show any. I guess this is also true for other people outside the US, but I suppose it could just be personal!
Old May 4, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by big_mac

It doesn't show any 'Last Minute Reward nights' for me, but I can see the US ones if I log out, and delete my login cookie.

That is, if I am signed-in, or have my id remembered, then it won't show any. I guess this is also true for other people outside the US, but I suppose it could just be personal!
Oh for pete's sake!

Really, IHG??? Seriously???

I know IHG's IT is bad, but this is just good old fashioned stupid.

ETA: OK, now I'm really annoyed. When I log in and try to do a dummy-booking for one of these hotels (I actually found 2 that are weekend-away worthy for me), I get the following message:

The item you selected is not available in your region. Please contact your nearest Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance.
So now they're saying that you can't even book one of these hotels if you live outside the US???

Last edited by Twickenham; May 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 3:03 pm

and if I try and book, it says
'The item you selected is not available in your region. Please contact your nearest Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance.'
I didn't see that in the t&cs.

So, no european hotels available (yet?), and we aren't even allowed to book the US ones.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for that, It's works for me now after I loged out.^
Old May 4, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
and if I try and book, it says
'The item you selected is not available in your region. Please contact your nearest Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance.'
I didn't see that in the t&cs.

So, no european hotels available (yet?), and we aren't even allowed to book the US ones.

On clicking the link i get this......

Last Minute Reward Nights

Warning

There were no items found in the category you selected. Please select another category, or if you have searched within a specific point range please clear your point selection.

Even worse
Old May 4, 2011, 3:20 pm

That's what I get if I am signed-in, or it has remembered my location.

By signing out, and deleting the cookie, I can then view the list - but still can't book them as I have to sign-in again!
Old May 4, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: PC Royal Amb
I see a listing of hotels with pictures, but you can only sort by points Low to High or High to Low. You can't sort by region so you have to scroll through them all and hopefully you know where the hotel is because it only lists the city. At least with the old Point Breaks the list was broken out by state.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:34 pm

MattGreenfield-If you click on "United States" on the left, you get a listing of hotels by state.

I'm still not 100% sure I understand this program. Wouldn't they have a much better shot of getting people to spontaneously plan a weekend if the offerings were a bit better than Sylacauga, Alabama?
Old May 4, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Thumbs down It's now for US only!

Hi all,

I've sent an email yesterday to IHG to inform them that this offer might not be suitable for some Middle East countries where the weekend days are Thursday and Friday.

I've received the following replay today:

Dear Mr. xxxx

Please be advised that beginning May 2011, Priority Club Rewards will lunch another Rewards Nights feature that will allow members to redeem Rewards Nights at discounted price. This new feature is called Last Minute Rewards.

Last Minute Rewards are available for stays at select properties in the United States (for now) on the first weekend of the month only.

We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.
Old May 4, 2011, 4:05 pm

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse....
Choose last minute stays at hundreds of hotels across the globe
actually means....
Last Minute Rewards are available for stays at select properties in the United States (for now) on the first weekend of the month only.
Old May 4, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Holy cow. I seriously have never seen the amount of whining, complaining and impatience in FT forums that can compare to the PC board. If everything doesn't run perfectly smooth and completely error-free from the first moment a promotion begin, PC sucks, their IT sucks, and life sucks in general. Try relaxing and give the guys some time to work the kinks out. Geesh.
And if it still doesn't meet your entitled standards for an acceptable promotion, such as (hear in a high-pitched, whiny voice...) "It's too hard to search for a hotel!" "There's no hotels where I want to go!" "Only one weekend a month?!" "50% off isn't as good as PointBreaks"...etc.here's an idea: Get over it and don't participate! Because PC can only hand out so much cheese.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.