Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Kuala Lumpur (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, A-Club Plat
Originally Posted by demue
Thanks for that. Wondering if an Amb books a Premier Room will he get a Club Room with lounge access or did I mix up the room categories? Not sure if it goes Deluxe, Premier, Club.

But then what rate did you see for the CP that the IC was cheaper? I checked IC and it is usually 350 MYR plus tax and service charge for lowest room category. I'm staying at CP for >30% less than that rate. (Ups I think that is due to our corp rate which also includes internet - just checked, never mind).
If you're a Gold/Plat Amb, books a premier room, you will not get a Club Room. The best they offer is to provide you a room on higher floor with better view. Lounge access is not available for Premier Room as well.

The categories starts on Deluxe, Premier, Club than Suite.

The rate on PC website is showing IC cheaper than CP on the Luxury Weekend Rate which comes with Breakfast where CP Advance Breakfast Rate is approx. ~15% higher.

Yup, i noted that the Corp Rate for CP is slightly lower than IC, but i guess more people going to prefer IC when travel to KL especially if you're a RA, you get to stock-out the Mini-Bar and get 2-tier upgrade hehe.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by whloh
If you're a Gold/Plat Amb, books a premier room, you will not get a Club Room. The best they offer is to provide you a room on higher floor with better view. Lounge access is not available for Premier Room as well.
Got that response when I inquired too (Premier room to Premier room on higher floor). Don't know how it aligns with Amb T&C?
Anyway, anyone visited the lounge there? Worth it?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I will get to try out this IC in Mid-April.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: IC AMB, QF Silver, AF Silver, Princess Elite
Stayed twice at this hotel in the past two weeks (am currently writing this in their lounge as we speak).

I am an Ambassador (not RA) and as such when I checked into the hotel, i was told that i would not be upgraded from the Premier room to a Club level room as I have already received an upgrade to a better Permier room (which I find thoroughly insulting...).

Upon getting to my room i called guest services and complained about the terms of the guaranteed room upgrade stressing if Permier room is below club level, then a room upgrade as per the program would result in a club room and access. The manager phoned me back and offered me club access but no club room (i was quite happy to stay in the premier room).

Second stay was again greeted with no club access and informing them the manager had promised this on my last stay (I previously pointed out I would be staying again next week), was given club access room keys up in our room.

Lounge is good but i dont believe its worth the RM150 or whatever it is per night - Internet should be comp'ed as there are no in room movie, so I insisted on club access for internet. Good service and the ladies in the lounge greeted me by name each time I entered.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I posted about my recent stay in the RA experiences thread.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, A-Club Plat
Originally Posted by tm.smile
Stayed twice at this hotel in the past two weeks (am currently writing this in their lounge as we speak).

I am an Ambassador (not RA) and as such when I checked into the hotel, i was told that i would not be upgraded from the Premier room to a Club level room as I have already received an upgrade to a better Permier room (which I find thoroughly insulting...).

Upon getting to my room i called guest services and complained about the terms of the guaranteed room upgrade stressing if Permier room is below club level, then a room upgrade as per the program would result in a club room and access. The manager phoned me back and offered me club access but no club room (i was quite happy to stay in the premier room).

Second stay was again greeted with no club access and informing them the manager had promised this on my last stay (I previously pointed out I would be staying again next week), was given club access room keys up in our room.

Lounge is good but i dont believe its worth the RM150 or whatever it is per night - Internet should be comp'ed as there are no in room movie, so I insisted on club access for internet. Good service and the ladies in the lounge greeted me by name each time I entered.

Wow! Uhm, may i know what room did you reserved at the first place prior to arrival? Was it a premier room?
I've made more than 7 stays at IC Kuala Lumpur, however, never been given club access at all unless I book the Club Level room prior to arrival.
Feel so sad as a Plat Amb.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up IC Kuala Lumpur

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, which was rebranded from a Hotel Nikko just a few months ago. As a Royal Ambassador I booked a basic room and got upgraded to a club room. On the whole I had an amazing stay. I especially enjoyed the club, which was one of the nicer ones of any InterContinental I've stayed at. Every employee I interacted with was professional and eager to please.

I wrote a full review, along with dozens of pictures, which can be found here.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and couldn't have been happier with the hotel. It was cheaper than the Crowne Plaza, and the service was top notch in every way. As an RA I got upgraded to a club room. I found the club to be fantastic, with a chef on duty morning and night to prepare cooked to order breakfasts and provide evening snacks. The servers in the club lounge were also great. I wrote a full review of my stay, along with pictures, which can be found here.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: Emirates Gold / BA - Silver / ICH Platinum Ambassador / SPG Gold
Sounds great. I am booked in next month. I am Ambassador Platinum and have booked a Club Room. Does anyone know what they are likely to upgrade me to ? A suite or do they have a "better" Club Room ?

Last edited by HarryTheMonkey; Jun 21, 2011 at 5:44 am
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by HarryTheMonkey
Sounds great. I am booked in next month. I am Ambassador Platinum and have booked a Club Room. Does anyone know what they are likely to upgrade me to ? A suite or do they have a "better" Club Room ?
With AMB status I got an upgrade to a basic suite - it's essentially double the size of Club. Half bath by the entrance, living room with couch and desk, bedroom with same huge bed Lucky mentioned, wardrobe, master bathroom with separate tub and shower.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: Emirates Gold / BA - Silver / ICH Platinum Ambassador / SPG Gold
Thanks Lack. I'm rather looking forward to it now !
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:32 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by whloh

The categories starts on Deluxe, Premier, Club than Suite.

The rate on PC website is showing IC cheaper than CP on the Luxury Weekend Rate which comes with Breakfast where CP Advance Breakfast Rate is approx. ~15% higher.

Yup, i noted that the Corp Rate for CP is slightly lower than IC, but i guess more people going to prefer IC when travel to KL especially if you're a RA, you get to stock-out the Mini-Bar and get 2-tier upgrade hehe.
Hadn't checked the thread a while. Thanks for the info on the room categories. Looks like that as an Amb booking a Premier room I need to argue my way into a recognizable upgrade as a higher floor really doesn't cut it for me. That's just bollocks.

So looking at it that way I guess I would just book the basic Deluxe room and at least get a decent upgrade to a Premier room. Kind of like at the IC Jakarta. Fine, not an issue.

However, as long as I can stay at the CP for a bit over 200++ MYR incl. internet on a negotiated rate I'm hard pressed to move. They always give me a Grand Deluxe room as upgrade from Deluxe (as PC Plat) so I can't complain.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I think I'll stop in KL for a couple of nights on my way to Langkawi and check this property out I booked an Executive Club room. What sort of upgrade can I expect as a Platinum Ambassador?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:25 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
I think I'll stop in KL for a couple of nights on my way to Langkawi and check this property out I booked an Executive Club room. What sort of upgrade can I expect as a Platinum Ambassador?
My guess would be to an entry level suite (no specialty suite if they got those). Club access will remain as alreay included in your rate.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Staying where in Langkawi can we ask ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.