Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Capital One and IHG to offer Priority Club rewards credit card in Canada

Capital One and IHG to offer Priority Club rewards credit card in Canada

Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
cancelled in mid April. applied again today and was approved with 726 score & last hit was 91 days ago
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Status lasts through the end of the following year after you earn it.

I am not sure about churning, but I would bet my bottom dollar they will kibosh this card because they have their Costco deal now. I'll be cancelling mine shortly in the hopes I can re-apply before it disappears. My points came in real handy for a US-based hotel, considering the really bad exchange rate...
I'm thinking the same thing and may downgrade the card to the no AF in the meantime. Interesting though, I got a letter from them this week stating that I'll be getting a new card soon with a "design that reflects IHG Rewards Club's current look". They go on to say that nothing else is changing (terms and benefits will remain the same". Would they bother if they were going to cancel the card in the near future??
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
I don't think Capital One is cancelling the Priority Club card, but they are changing it to the IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard. I just got it and received a letter informing me of the change last week.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Aug 25, 2015 at 7:49 am
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
I don't think Capital One is cancelling the Priority Club card, but they are changing it to the IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard. I just got it and received a letter informing me of the change last week.
Agreed.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
IHG capital one

I cancelled my card on Friday. Would I lose the platinum status immediately or will have till end of the year.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by peacestar
I cancelled my card on Friday. Would I lose the platinum status immediately or will have till end of the year.
I cancelled a month ago and still there. Someone mentioned it goes til end of year...I'll let you know if mine goes away!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
I cancelled a month ago and still there. Someone mentioned it goes til end of year...I'll let you know if mine goes away!
Thanks. I cancelled and this week and it still there.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
I applied and got the World card in mid-Aug, and put on a small spend. The points and Platinum status hasn't shown up on my IHG account. I called today to ask when the points and status will be updated. They said they see the points are pending transfer, and it can take 60 days. There is nothing they can do, and if in 60 days I don't get the points and status, call back, then they can look into it.

60 days, that's unacceptable.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
I applied and got the World card in mid-Aug, and put on a small spend. The points and Platinum status hasn't shown up on my IHG account. I called today to ask when the points and status will be updated. They said they see the points are pending transfer, and it can take 60 days. There is nothing they can do, and if in 60 days I don't get the points and status, call back, then they can look into it.

The card is like many others, the points only transfer once per month, and depending on dates it can take up to 2 cycles (60 days). This is not uncommon. The last time I had this card the points came on first statement, and the status was updated at that time as well.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo

Yes it took 2 billing cycle for me to get the points.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:10 am

Same experiences here and on RFD reports

My 8/14 statement only had $120 fee, 0 IHG points earned

My 8/18 1st spending will show next statement, as well as 60K points (already displayed ONLINE at Cap1 website, but not into IHG yet)
I guess my 9/14 statement will show the transfer
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Looks like this card has been canned just like the CapOne Delta card.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Same experiences here and on RFD reports

My 8/14 statement only had $120 fee, 0 IHG points earned

My 8/18 1st spending will show next statement, as well as 60K points (already displayed ONLINE at Cap1 website, but not into IHG yet)
I guess my 9/14 statement will show the transfer
I haven't received a statement yet, but my online capital one account shows the 60k.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
I was looking at the Capital One Canada website and indeed the IHG Mastercard is missing. I don't get it, I got a letter saying that my card would be changing in design and that I should get it soon. Why would they redesign the card and go through all this trouble to then cancel it a few weeks later. Something is strange.

Update: I just contacted Capital One and they will no longer be associated with IHG!

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Sep 10, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I wonder what that means for current card holders? And, will there be a new card company associated with IHG in Canada?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.