Priority club account deleted!

Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by sara5571
Sorry I wasn't being clear, my mum, 2 sisters and I have accounts that all share the same surname but obviously different first names. 3 of these including mine are frozen, but one of my sister's accounts is fine. There are three other accounts that belong to other family members, which I referred to as still working but don't have many points in them. That makes 7 accounts in total. All of these accounts were accessed on my laptop with the same internet connection, 3 are frozen, 4 are working as of this morning.
Thats really unfortunate, I hope you explained this to PC.

In PCs point of view, your situation seems to be a "fraud" though. You may have to work hard to convince them for this.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Thats really unfortunate, I hope you explained this to PC.

In PCs point of view, your situation seems to be a "fraud" though. You may have to work hard to convince them for this.
I agree but if they can produce some sort of documentation showing name and addresses that match the PC profiles then that should suffice. Not sure if there is any rule about the member actually needing to play the game themself though.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
When BMI cracked down on multiple household ac's, they were happy to keep them open in return for passport scans.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:25 am

Here are some follow up questions that may have relevance to your issue.

How long where the multiple accounts open?

How many of the accounts actually won points for Win It?

Did these accounts also participate in any of the recent bonus point surveys?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Not sure if there is any rule about the member actually needing to play the game themself though.
It would be impossible to verify. My wife and I could sit around the dinner table and play the game one after each other on my laptop, or she could be reading the newspaper while I play the game for both of us. IHG would get the exact same hits on their servers.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
But accounts were fine until this morning and my mum got an email this morning to say she had won a daily prize and then suddenly her account was gone.
I'm thinking your mum's winning raised the flag that caused them to check into things as a matter of course. (I might now assume they do this for all winners.) When they saw seven accounts being played from one computer/IP, it naturally raised suspicions, especially if not all the accounts are in the same household.

I don't know how Priority Club will react to having one person playing others' accounts. You could tell them all the family members got together to play, but it may not fly, especially if your family plays daily. As an early poster said, probably best just to be honest, and tell them that you were playing for some of your family members with their permission.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:15 am
Original Poster

My account - April 2010
The other accounts - around September/October 2010

All of the accounts have managed to win something since the game started (but legitimately i.e without use of hacks etc)

No surveys in the past months. Only thing I can think of was a new member bonus promotion I signed up to that was on priority club insider?

My mum just phoned the service centre and was told they can't access her account because its undergoing a "random audit"

I have written a letter of complaint and emailed it to the Service Centre explaining everything and have offered to provide proof of identity if required as this would be very easy to give to show that it's not just 7 accounts for me.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recall similar but much more widespread issues with accounts in China after their previous fiasco.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
My account - April 2010
The other accounts - around September/October 2010

All of the accounts have managed to win something since the game started (but legitimately i.e without use of hacks etc)
Well thats the thing if there are a bunch of you, the first person playing the game may not get much points but the next person/s will be perfect since you already knew the answer.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Well thats the thing if there are a bunch of you, the first person playing the game may not get much points but the next person/s will be perfect since you already knew the answer.
Er, no. Everyone gets different questions.

Since the points haven't been credited for this game yet, perhaps this is a red herring and its nothing to do with this?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It would be impossible to verify. My wife and I could sit around the dinner table and play the game one after each other on my laptop, or she could be reading the newspaper while I play the game for both of us. IHG would get the exact same hits on their servers.
This is what we do in our house, and my account has been deleted as well.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:37 pm

First, thank you for posting your experiences here on Flyertalk.

It seems possible that the 7 winning accounts, from one IP address, most with the same surname, may have caused the audit. Of course I have no way of confirming this....it is just a guess.

I think you are pursuing the case properly. Contact PC and offer whatever information PC requires.

Good luck.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
After trying to unsuccessfully log into my account today and to play the win it in a minute game I have found that my account has been deleted! I had around 50k points from numerous hotel stays amd from my PCR visa card and was told by the Service Centre that the account was fraudulent? How can the account be fraudulent if I have paid for stays and use their credit card? (which I pay off fully every month) Apparently a member of management will be in contact with me in the next 3 days. I know there has been a lot of talk about cheating in the WIIAM game but I wouldn't have the first notion of how to create a bot or anything like that. What's worse is that a few of my family's accounts have been deleted as well, I can only presume for same reason! Has anyone else encountered this? This is ridiculous I haven't done anything wrong and they've deleted mine and my family's accounts!

Maybe you opened a Platinum account when there was recently a promotion? I did so too. And my Platinum account was also deleted. My gold account is still there.

Well, I don't really mind. PC is anyway trash
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Quite true but it is not likely that all 7 people would play right after one another on the same computer especially if they are from a different address. I am just assuming that the accounts are played consecutively which could flag some sort of audit.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
ALL of them have won? I'm not here to make any accusations but the scores needed to win actual points seems seriously high and to have ALL family members win points seems awfully..... lucky?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.