Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:38 pm

Stayed for 3 nights the first week of December 2013. All on a mix of points and IHG Chase reward nights. We were originally in the Coral rooms... but about two months prior to our arrival we checked our reservations online and were pleasantly surprised to see that our reservations now listed us in an Emerald OWB. I don't know if that was because I had purchased an Ambassador membership (probably)... or if they just extend that complimentary upgrade to reward stays these days. But the gamble of not paying for an upgrade paid off (apart from the $200 Ambassador membership fee).

Like I read throughout this post, all the bungalows have the same layout, the difference is in the views. Since the wife and I spent equal amounts of time during the day in our bungalow, and on the beach, and at the pool... and from these locations, you had amazing views of Mt. Otemanu... we felt like we saved money by not trying to pay for any additional upgrades.

Three other notes:
1. The snorkeling isn't that great at the IC Thalasso. Sure, you'll see a variety of fish near the chapel and near the bridge next to the spa. But it pales in comparison to the fish we saw at the other resort we stayed at. (I think it may have been a no-no, but I did hop over into the small pool of water underneath the spa. The snorkeling there was great!)
2. Our excursion with Raanui Tours was awesome. Highly recommended.
3. There are a couple of eateries once you hit the main road outside of the IC Le Moana. We went there one day and had delicious steak & frites and fish sandwich at Roulotte Matira... and also picked up some snacks/beverages at the local convenience store.

This thread was super helpful in helping us plan for an amazing vacation on a relatively reasonable budget. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:41 pm

Now able to book award stays directly into a Emerald OTW Villa

As of yesterday I was able to book an award stay directly in to a Emerald Over Water Villa. I am very excited!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:40 pm

The hotel is currently showing Emerald OWV as their 'lowest room category', and it's available for points redemption of 50 000/night, is this always true? I'm planning to use my IHG points there, but still couldn't decide on the date. And I'm in dilemma between IC Fiji and IC Thalasso.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
The hotel is currently showing Emerald OWV as their 'lowest room category', and it's available for points redemption of 50 000/night, is this always true? I'm planning to use my IHG points there, but still couldn't decide on the date. And I'm in dilemma between IC Fiji and IC Thalasso.
Normally coral garden suite... thx tcarter -booked 13 nights emerald overwater.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:29 am

Sorry for my ignorance, from which airport does the hotel provide shuttle service? Faaa International airport?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Sorry for my ignorance, from which airport does the hotel provide shuttle service? Faaa International airport?
No. BOB, which requires a $500-ish RT Air Tahiti flight from PPT.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Point redemptions are now shown as Emerald Overwater! However, I have some reports that peak season periods show coral family suites. I'm happy to book 4 nights without paying upgrades. I posted a blog post about it this morning.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
does anyone know if new year eve dinner is included in room price or its additional for point redemptions stays..also is this dinner mandatory thing also applicable for christmas eve?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by techoin
does anyone know if new year eve dinner is included in room price or its additional for point redemptions stays..also is this dinner mandatory thing also applicable for christmas eve?
Extra and mandatory... no love.. both nights..
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Hey thanks guys for the heads up Re-did my 5 nights in Coral Suite to Emerald OVB.

THANKS!!!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by Buzzman
Extra and mandatory... no love.. both nights..
thanks...looks like I need to find some other suitable time than the year end
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tcarter1
As of yesterday I was able to book an award stay directly in to a Emerald Over Water Villa. I am very excited!
Very valuable 1st post! I changed my reservation to OWV no problem. This is a very positive change. I sent an email to the Tahiti reservations desk 3 weeks ago and informed that how IC Thalasso should never use those family suites for their guests. I would like to think they listened to many many guests' concerns.

Now I wonder if getting an Ambassador membership makes sense for an award stay.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Gold
Interesting, I just logged into my reservation and now it says I'm in an Emerald Overwater Villa! Do you think that's legit? I was going to pay for the upgrade from coral literally sometime this week.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Is my understanding that breakfast is free w/ paid rooms but needs to be paid for w/ award nights? Anyone have any experience with a half board/full board plan?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Is my understanding that breakfast is free w/ paid rooms but needs to be paid for w/ award nights? Anyone have any experience with a half board/full board plan?
Nothing is free.. must say includes breakfast... normal Best Flex rates do not include breakfast at either Le Moana or this place.. and the cost, last time I was there a couple years ago, was between $40-45 USD per night if you bought it separate.. not bad right now as they are showing $38 USD extra if you include breakfast

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.