Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by gleff
For all the FTers now planning to go to BOB, y'all must make a dinner booking (do so well in advance of your trip - feel free to PM me for the chef's email) at Villa Mahana. It's not cheap, but by Bora Bora standards and in comparison to eating at resorts it's not bad. When I was there last year the tasting menu ("Menu Royale") was CFP 10 500. And it was the best meal of the vacation (which included a sidetrip to SYD and Tetsuya's).
Is that 10500 CFP per person or is the one order enough for two people? We are also planning on doing the picnic on a Motu. Anyone have suggestions for that? I have heard the Keishi tours are the ones to do.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Thank you, StealthFly , for bringing this to our attention! I had 6 nights at the Moana for our honeymoon in April and now changed it to the Thalasso. Too bad that I was travelling over the last 5 days and missed out on the Diamond villa bookings
Glad I could help you out. From what I've read, all of the rooms at Thalasso are the same. The only distinction between the types is the view that they have. You may even be able to get an upgrade if they are open based on status. They usually don't do this on reward stays, but they may if it is available.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by StealthFly
Is that 10500 CFP per person or is the one order enough for two people?
Per person, it's a proper sit-down restaurant.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:03 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
The restaurant menu sounds very nice indeeed.

Do you also know anything about breakfast/dinner prices at the Thalasso? Do they offer any halfboard packages there like they do on Moorea and Tahiti?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Does anyone know about RA benefits on Reward stays at the IC Thalasso?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Camino1
No - but I'd also be interested - I've got a stay booked for Sept for our wedding anniversary...
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly
The restaurant menu sounds very nice indeeed.

Do you also know anything about breakfast/dinner prices at the Thalasso? Do they offer any halfboard packages there like they do on Moorea and Tahiti?
'

At the LeMoana, breakfast was US $35
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:11 am

I know this doesn't specifically answer your question, but at the LeMoana our RA benefits were given in full including upgrade to Horizon Bungalow, free mini bar, free gifts, etc on our points stay.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by cardigans1
I know this doesn't specifically answer your question, but at the LeMoana our RA benefits were given in full including upgrade to Horizon Bungalow, free mini bar, free gifts, etc on our points stay.
I hope that's an indicator. I am in for next January.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 1:23 pm

I hope that's an indicator. I am in for next January.
I'll be able to let you know for sure in Sept
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: Too Many.....
How about RA or Plat reward stays at the IC bora bora? I was thinking of paying for first night then using rewards from there on out. Any suggestions??
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by SANBO93
How about RA or Plat reward stays at the IC bora bora? I was thinking of paying for first night then using rewards from there on out. Any suggestions??
The IC Bora Bora is the IC Thalasso
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:10 pm

Thalasso just strated to accept award reservations, so there won't
be much about it yet... As stated, Le Moana gave us an upgrade
and free minibar last July. I'm going to Thalasso again in July,
a week of award nights, so I'll let you know
It's funny, but I just booked my last night this morning and it seems
to be full award availbility for July! And it's the best month.
Weird, maybe people don't know yet, or there is more rooms
available...
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schofs
The IC Bora Bora is the IC Thalasso
Not necessarily: both Le Moana and Thalasso fall under IC Bora Bora category

We received Ambassador benefits during our award stay at Thalasso last Christmas: one level upgrade and a couple nice gifts.

Thallasso buffet breakfast is around $40-50. Not sure if they offer anything a la carte; IC Moorea did and it was far more reasonable: $18 for omelet and coffee.

My advice is to buy some groceries from a small store near Le Moana and keep them in your minibar/fridge. No buffet can come close to a breakfast on a deck of Thalasso bungalow. ^
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Not necessarily: both Le Moana and Thalasso fall under IC Bora Bora category

We received Ambassador benefits during our award stay at Thalasso last Christmas: one level upgrade and a couple nice gifts.

Thallasso buffet breakfast is around $40-50. Not sure if they offer anything a la carte; IC Moorea did and it was far more reasonable: $18 for omelet and coffee.

My advice is to buy some groceries from a small store near Le Moana and keep them in your minibar/fridge. No buffet can come close to a breakfast on a deck of Thalasso bungalow. ^
Did you have to pay for minibar items?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.