Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Did you get your points?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
No points here either for the Sabah Malaysia week
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you could help others by telling whether you submitted any answers, and if so what.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:13 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by starflyer
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you could help others by telling whether you submitted any answers, and if so what.
My answer was Pulau Tiga, Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia

12 Oct 2010 THE ANYWHERE CHALLENGE 1500 pts.
28 Sep 2010 THE ANYWHERE CHALLENGE 1000 pts.
28 Sep 2010 THE ANYWHERE CHALLENGE 2000 pts.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:26 am

Finally got some points

Received 1000 and 1500 that means some of us were penalized for adding extra information like a city with Kenai River, Alaska and Sabah, Malaysia to weeks 3 and 4.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:50 am

I can be added to the list of people who did not receive credit for "Kenai River, AK, USA"
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:09 am

I am also one of the people who did not receive points because of putting AK instead of Alaska. Hopefully they run a second pass after realizing their mistake.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:23 am

My missing 1500 points still havent turned up, so just submitted a points discrepency form. Will let you know how I get on.

It seems that people who did get the points included Borneo in their answer, which I did not. Surely the official answer (without the Borneo) is the one that gets the points?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by christy
I can be added to the list of people who did not receive credit for "Kenai River, AK, USA"
Originally Posted by Flyer09
I am also one of the people who did not receive points because of putting AK instead of Alaska. Hopefully they run a second pass after realizing their mistake.
How do you know that you didn't get points for Alaska rather then Sabah?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Priority Club Rewards
Originally Posted by dazbear
My missing 1500 points still havent turned up, so just submitted a points discrepency form. Will let you know how I get on.

It seems that people who did get the points included Borneo in their answer, which I did not. Surely the official answer (without the Borneo) is the one that gets the points?
I had one answer with Borneo and one without. Assuming it is AK that cost me the points, then they accepted my answer of Sabah, Malaysia, Borneo on Day 2.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
How do you know that you didn't get points for Alaska rather then Sabah?
I can definitively confirm AK. I was late to the game and my very first entry was on Friday of that week. I should have received 500 points. I answered with 'AK', which I am positive of since I've been cutting and pasting my final answers into a word document to track them.

My second week of playing the game, I guessed Sabah correctly on day 2 and received 1500 points.

So I'm clearly missing 500 points, which can only be the Alaska answer.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: PC Platinum
I received 1500 points for both week 3 & 4, even though I included the name of a national park on day 2 both times. As long as the answer includes the 'keywords', it doesn't seem to matter if you have extra words.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by airshadow
I can definitively confirm AK. I was late to the game and my very first entry was on Friday of that week. I should have received 500 points. I answered with 'AK', which I am positive of since I've been cutting and pasting my final answers into a word document to track them.

My second week of playing the game, I guessed Sabah correctly on day 2 and received 1500 points.

So I'm clearly missing 500 points, which can only be the Alaska answer.
OK. I submitted Kenai River, AK, USA on the second day. This is absolutely moronic if they expected Alaska instead given that their example reads WA for the state of Washington.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:48 pm

This week I received 1,500 points. My correct submissions for weeks 3 and 4 were both on the 2nd day. These were my submissions:
Week 3: Kenai River, AK, USA
Week 4: Sabah, Malaysia
Based on what everyone is reporting, I assume they counted my AK abbreviation as incorrect. It looks like they need to review the submissions for that week. Someone at PC doesn't know their state abbreviations!

Interesting that they've posted the number of winners for Malaysia, but the grand prize winner has not been announced.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
OK. I submitted Kenai River, AK, USA on the second day. This is absolutely moronic if they expected Alaska instead given that their example reads WA for the state of Washington.
I made this precise observation (albeit a bit more diplomatically) in my missing-points report, and recommend that others drive this home as well.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:24 am

On the winners page, they have the post cards with one part of the location written in large letters: e.g., "Aruba," or "Alaska," and then the specific information in little letters.

Is it possible that, in the end, that is all that's really needed in the answer to win? For example, is there anyone who had an answer that had "Aruba" or "Malaysia" or "Alaska" that did NOT get credit due to specific information that was incorrect?

This might also explain why "AK" does not seem to be getting credit, at least for some.

I realize that some are not getting credit at all for obviously correct answers, like "Sabah, Mayalsia," which I think is likely a different problem. I'm asking a different question.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
For me (and my sister's acct), only 1500 points posted on Oct 12 and I believe it is for Wk 4. I submitted AK all 4 days of Wk 3.

Our submissions:
Wk 3: Day 1 - Kenai River, AK, USA

Wk 4: Day 2 - Pulau Tiga, Sabah, Malaysia, Borneo

I wonder, since they adjusted the winning numbers for Week 3, if they will post the points for the people who submitted AK at a later date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.