Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Anyone stay here on points? Got to stay 1 night in Miami before a cruise and I've never been to the area. It'd be cheaper to stay at an airport hotel with free shuttles from the airport and to the port, but since I've never been to South Beach, is it worth staying at this hotel? I have the points for it but is the area that nice that I should stay in this area versus an airport hotel and cabbing it to South Beach? Any other IC hotels in Miami better?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
since I've never been to South Beach, is it worth staying at this hotel?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11790779-post1263.html
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
Any other IC hotels in Miami better?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11795687-post2611.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11798221-post2615.html
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some other comments on both ICs in Miami:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...0&pp=25&page=2
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: Intercontinental, Delta, American, United, US Air
I've not stayed at the Z ocean, but was interested in it. I have stayed at the IC miami on Chopin plaza. I would say that if you'd like to see south beach stay there, it will be worth it to be so close. Other stays in miami not at IC confirm that sentiment. I have seen the hotel, and it seems very cool, and plan to stay next time I'm in miami. the ic is in the downtown area by biscayne bay and outdoor mall. not much going on there other than food and shopping. good luck which ever you choose. and Oh yeah, either way if you're cruising, an airport hotel is further from the port than either hotel. especially if you're staying before the cruise. You can see the cruise port from south beach and from the IC miami. The IC at doral is out of the way, and not so nice.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador
We stayed there last year for three nights (originally meant to be one) and the hotel kindly upgraded us to a rooftop suite - which is awesome. It was so good we came back again later in the vacation. If you want a hotel on South Beach and close to everything then this is really a very cool place to stay.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:50 am

Was considering this hotel a while ago, a few details which might be of interest:

Resort fee $15
Wireless Data Connection Fee: $14.00
Old Sep 5, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Resort fee $15
As most hotels at Miami South Beach

PS: now it is USD 19 per room per day
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/miasb
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Help a 'Newbie'

Re-posted in correct Thread!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Anyone have any recent experiences at this hotel? We are booked for a night on our way home from Colombia in mid January. Will report back after the stay.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
just stayed here on a sweet dilemma night, I had gotten the rooftop ocean view, which was canceled and I was given a regular room which was not that exciting management was unwilling to do anything.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
i was there this year.
i see upg on reservation, but in hotel they give me standard room, becouse of full (
well...
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thanks guys. Hopefully I have a better experience than the last few. Will keep you posted.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by ariell
i was there this year.
i see upg on reservation, but in hotel they give me standard room, becouse of full (
well...
they were not full although by the front desk they told me they were after calling ambassador services, they told me that there were rooftop rooms available. I asked them to call the manger and ask for me to be upgraded. they called although the manger was not cooperative...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
Stayed there about a year and a half ago. Highly recommend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.