Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Where did I say I want to take my family there???

I'm with three friends during Miami Winter Music Week. None of us would mind if the ladies decided to do some European sunbathing...

However, I'd still be curious how they accommodate four people if the couch is not a sleeper...
Even more difficult if your friends invite the ladies from the pool in the room
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by stimpy
Now up to $21 per day.

Any recent award stays?
I was staying there on Award Nights. Platinum AMB. Two nights. Got upgraded to a room with jacuzzi on a balcony. Since I stayed on points they said resort fee was included (free beach towels, cots and an umbrella). I called in advance to ask for a better room since it was our anniversary. We also got a free "intimacy kit" (normally $25.00). Nice BOSE sound system connected to one of the TVs. The only complain was that the coffee maker didn't work and they had to replace it; and it took some time to get one of two TVs going. I would definitely stay there again on the Award Nights.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:35 pm

Stayed there 6 nights in March on points with four people. Best deal in SB I can imagine. The location is perfect, the rooms are nice and spacious, the balconies are big enough for 8 and more people. The couch is a pull out sleeper (very comfortable) and the bathroom has two separate sinks (one left of the toilet, one right, separated with sliding doors).

Resort fee was waived because of stay paid with points. Internet fee was waved for platinum member. I'll come back!
Old May 4, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just had an award stay. No resort fee and free internet for multiple PC's. I didn't get a penthouse upgrade, but I did get a nice corner suite facing the ocean, although you can only barely see the ocean through the palm trees to the right. 4pm check out honored. ^

Room 309 is pretty good. Very nice bathrooms with his and hers sink areas and a large rainfall shower. Two TV's, Bose stereo and a pullout couch bed. Free beach chairs too.

I agree this has to be once of the best points values that IHG has.

The pool scene was eclectic with straight and gay couples and families with toddlers. The only bad thing was the pool and jacuzzi close at sunset.
Old May 4, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Resort fee was waived because of stay paid with points.
Not as I understand it - it was waived because you are Plat. It's also in the booking conditions when you book a reward night.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by rupert_s
Not as I understand it - it was waived because you are Plat. It's also in the booking conditions when you book a reward night.
Interesting, they told me that my resort fees were waved specifically because the stay was paid for with points.
Old May 5, 2011, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by foxberg
Interesting, they told me that my resort fees were waved specifically because the stay was paid for with points.
Me too. Not that I care mind you.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The pool scene was eclectic. The only bad thing was the pool and jacuzzi close at sunset.
Originally Posted by Barry Bethal
If American families are like that about topless sun-bathing then I'd warn them never to go within 1 mile of a European beach! However, for the father of the family . . . I'd just make sure I had a good pair of mirrored shades and ensure the book I was holding wasn't upside down!
Nasty boy

PS: no private Jacuzzi on the balcony of your suite??
Old May 5, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Nasty boy

PS: no private Jacuzzi on the balcony of your suite??
I had one
Old May 5, 2011, 11:47 pm

i stayed here in Miami during Ultra Music/Miami Music Week... booked one of the Penthouses discounted via the Friends and Family rate.... had a great stay.... would def stay again.

Got free internet due to being a PC member but had to pay the resort fee.

Can't imagine having more than 2-3 people staying in one though.... never pulled out the sofa sleeper but i can't see if holding 2 people comfortably.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cool1g
never pulled out the sofa sleeper but i can't see if holding 2 people comfortably.
The pullout is queen sized and can definitely hold two people...as long as they are good friends.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
I've been trying to book reward nights at the Z for any 2 day weekend in Summer (I even tried in Feb & Mar of 2012) but could not find ANY reward nights available for 2 days.

Paid nights WERE available. I thought there were NO blackouts with Priority Club.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by doubled79
I've been trying to book reward nights at the Z for any 2 day weekend in Summer (I even tried in Feb & Mar of 2012) but could not find ANY reward nights available for 2 days.

Paid nights WERE available. I thought there were NO blackouts with Priority Club.
Blackout days - no, award night availability dates - yes. Welcome to the Game of Words.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doubled79
I had no problem with my award booking earlier this week. I don't think there is any blackout. Probably the word is getting out that it is such a good deal that all the award space is booked.

Have you tried calling?
Old May 6, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
I had no problem with my award booking earlier this week. I don't think there is any blackout. Probably the word is getting out that it is such a good deal that all the award space is booked.

Have you tried calling?
I can book 3 day stays over a weekend, but can't book just a Friday and Saturday night stay.

No, I haven't tried calling yet.

How many days was your stay for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.