Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
Originally Posted by FSUNoles420
Since somebody brought up this location, I stayed here for two nights last year, and loved this hotel! . . . this hotel is a home run ! From beautiful decor, to awesome rooms, I highly recommend it !^^
I agree! I just took my wife here for a 2 night surprise birthday trip and we were very impressed. The Front Porch Cafe seems to be a local favorite; there was a line just to get on the list every morning! Z Ocean provided great customer service and the rooftop terrace suite was insane! It's definitely worth a free night cert. 50,000 IHG points is steep but I don't regret spending then either.

I'll post again here when I'm done writing a full review.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
If I stay some nights on points -has someone tried to do an upsale to a Rooftop Suite?
Old May 5, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
Originally Posted by denkigroove
If I stay some nights on points -has someone tried to do an upsale to a Rooftop Suite?
I just stayed for two nights on points and I did get an upgrade to the rooftop suite by asking nicely, 2-3 months before my stay. We were legitimately celebrating my wife's birthday (it was on our second day there) and the entire trip was a surprise for her. I will post a link to the full review when it's finished.

Good luck with the upgrade!
Old May 8, 2017, 8:12 am

We stayed 4 nights late November on points, and as Spire RA got bumped to one of the ocean view terrace suites. All in all this is a really nice hotel with the beach next door and two loungers included.

However, this is just our reflection and of no fault of the hotel. South Beach is loosing the attraction as it becomes tackier and filthier each year we visit.

We will return for sure but for how long?
Old May 8, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by Petrus
However, this is just our reflection and of no fault of the hotel. South Beach is loosing the attraction as it becomes tackier and filthier each year we visit.
I love staying at the Z-Ocean in Miami Beach. However, I do have to agree with you that the area is rapidly going downhill
Old May 9, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
I do have to agree with you that the area is rapidly going downhill
I was also, if not disappointed but at least not impressed by the area south beach overall in all aspects. If going back to Miami, will go north
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:22 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
A FYI for anyone thinking of redeeming points at this property for a stay this fall... award availability is now wide open for the remainder of the year, including on weekends.

The obvious assumption is that they are predicting lower near-term occupancy in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, even though my understanding is that South Beach didn't suffer significant damage and that most properties re-opened last week.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Anyone has a direct email to the GM or Director of Rooms or Front Office Manager? Please PM me or post it here. Many thanks!
Old May 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
How many people would choose this hotel over the Intercontinental across the bay?
Old May 14, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Originally Posted by Super Mario
How many people would choose this hotel over the Intercontinental across the bay?
We stayed in South Beach last month. Walked past the CP Z Ocean many times. The lobby looked dark and un-inviting, as the whole hotel. Cant stand anything about the rooms. We stayed at the Kimpton Surfcomber, few doors away which was fine. The IC was too far for us, so cannot comment on that. But without any doubt I would choose Kimpton. The pool and gardens were impressive.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by arpiuk
We stayed in South Beach last month. Walked past the CP Z Ocean many times. The lobby looked dark and un-inviting, as the whole hotel. Cant stand anything about the rooms. We stayed at the Kimpton Surfcomber, few doors away which was fine. The IC was too far for us, so cannot comment on that. But without any doubt I would choose Kimpton. The pool and gardens were impressive.
But that' not really the choice one is making between CP Z South Beach and the IC, one is choosing based on the merits and need of beach v non-beach(downtown) location

I have stayed in both. I have more issues in returning to a nickle+diming IC Miami Downtown versus the CP South Beach
Old May 15, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Any recent award stays here? Trying to decide between Z and Kimpton Surfcomber and will be using points and wanted to see if hotel now charges resort fee for award stays. When booking award stay, it does say "Daily Resort Fee not included in rate unless otherwise noted."
Old May 15, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Originally Posted by canesfan
Any recent award stays here? Trying to decide between Z and Kimpton Surfcomber and will be using points and wanted to see if hotel now charges resort fee for award stays. When booking award stay, it does say "Daily Resort Fee not included in rate unless otherwise noted."
yes, stayed last month on points any Surfcomber. Resort Fee charged for each night, justifying it as a payment towards cost of 4-6pm free wine, drinks, sun loungers, towels, by the pool. Interesting, the Kimpton Savannah manages to do the same without the resort fee
Old May 16, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arpiuk
yes, stayed last month on points any Surfcomber. Resort Fee charged for each night, justifying it as a payment towards cost of 4-6pm free wine, drinks, sun loungers, towels, by the pool. Interesting, the Kimpton Savannah manages to do the same without the resort fee
Does that includes chairs and umbrella on the beach? That's our main want and last time we stayed at the Z it included those items, plus we weren't charged resort fee. So as much as I'd like to stay at Surfcomber, might just have to keep our reservation at Z...
Old May 16, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Depends what you're after!
If Beach is important, Z ocean.
Z Ocean is a beach hotel. Every room is a junior suite, with a large balcony. Roof suites are fantastic with a large space for hanging out and a jacuzzi. Kids loved it last year.
All suites get 2 loungers for free on the beach.

IC as a modern up-scale 4 star hotel has plenty of amenities. Several restaurants, pool is big, spa, gym, Starbucks etc... If the Beach isn't your highest priority, go for the IC.
As RA we've been looked after very well on every visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.