Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris-HI charles de gaulle airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Paris-HI charles de gaulle airport

Will be leaving fairly early in the morning so I'm considering staying here, there is some confusing info on their website however:

We welcome you from 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. with a great free cold buffet breakfast.

but there are rates which include and some which doesn't include breakfast, so is this really right, is it free? or do they have 2 kinds of breakkies? i.e. hot and cold

Shuttle is complimnetary to the nearest Metro station, but not to the airport ,
but isn't that really the same place?

Subway
Subway Station Name: Aeroport Charles De Gaulle 1
Distance: 2.1 MI/3.38 KM NORTH WEST to Hotel
Complimentary Shuttle Available

Roissy Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
Distance: 2.0 MI/3.22 KM NORTH WEST to Hotel
Shuttle Charge (one way): €5.00 EUR

Is there any better qualifying rate than advance prepaid? (apart from 2-4-1)
and what about Plat upgrades?

Suggestion for other Hotel near CDG (non IHG that is)
Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
I am staying there in 4 weeks and was wondering about the exact same two points you have raised ie. breakfast and airport shuttle.

I'm using 15,000 PC points for our stay. (The cheapest AP rate for that night is 189 euro so points are good value)

Looking forward to comments from other readers.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 2:11 am

Programs: Platinum for Life Flying Blue; LH FTL
@ Hannibal:
The complimentary HI transport will drop you of at terminal 3. Most likely your plane will arrive/ depart from Terminal 2 (A-G). You can use the free light rail service, which takes only a few minutes (light rail map).

If you travel without heavy suitcases, you might also decide to use the complimentary Marriott hotel shuttle. It's right accross the street . Marriott will take you from/ to T2.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjv144
@ Hannibal:
The complimentary HI transport will drop you of at terminal 3. Most likely your plane will arrive/ depart from Terminal 2 (A-G). You can use the free light rail service, which takes only a few minutes (light rail map).

If you travel without heavy suitcases, you might also decide to use the complimentary Marriott hotel shuttle. It's right accross the street . Marriott will take you from/ to T2.
no, from T1 actually
but are you sure it's complinentary? conflicting messages on their website
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: Platinum for Life Flying Blue; LH FTL
light rail is definitively for free, it is an airport operated rail.
As you can see on the map, T1 and T2 are very close. (T1 is the old terminal building from late 60's, T2 was built in recent years)
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjv144
light rail is definitively for free, it is an airport operated rail.
As you can see on the map, T1 and T2 are very close. (T1 is the old terminal building from late 60's, T2 was built in recent years)
I mean the shuttle from the hotel to the airport

This is what it says on the Hotel's website:

Subway
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I mean the shuttle from the hotel to the airport

This is what it says on the Hotel's website:

Subway
It was free for us to the hotel and back to the airport. They actually take you to the airport train station and you take the free train to the correct terminal.

As for breakfast, if it is free, we didn't get it.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
This is, IME and IMHO one of the very worst HIs in the entire system. There are some real dumps in NA, but they tend to lack the awful service.

The place is a dump, and the CS motto appears to be "(lack of) service with a scowl", and "can't do spirit".

My advice is to find an alternative, if you can.

EDITED TO ADD

See post below from LHWolf
So long as they fired all the staff, the new HI may be OK.

Last edited by dgwright99; Aug 30, 2010 at 10:43 pm
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
The issue in CDG is:

Until last year there were two hotels:
One HI and one HIX.

Now:
The HI was closed.
The HIX was completely renovated and is now a HI.
(I found the rooms quite nice)

On the Internet you still find here and there that breakfast is included. But this comes from the old HIX and is not true.

When I stayed there a few weeks ago I was by car, therefore I have no idea about the transport to the Airport.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by LHWolf
On the Internet you still find here and there that breakfast is included. But this comes from the old HIX and is not true.
I wonder if they would honour the breakfast if I took a printout of their web page which says it is free?

Worth a try
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: PC RA, Flying Club Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed there about 3 weeks ago - the shuttle is hopeless. Driver decided to go into another of the hotels they pick up from for a coffee and a read of his newspaper! Left us sitting on the bus for 10 minutes. Re. breakfast - it was added to my bill on checkout and removed when I questioned it. One other thing to watch out for - if you ask the front desk to call you a cab to get to the airport then they call them from the airport rank - BUT they start their meter running when they leave the airport to come to the hotel so you are, in effect, paying double! Apart from that, it's all wonderful!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by huwjames
Stayed there about 3 weeks ago - the shuttle is hopeless. Driver decided to go into another of the hotels they pick up from for a coffee and a read of his newspaper! Left us sitting on the bus for 10 minutes. Re. breakfast - it was added to my bill on checkout and removed when I questioned it. One other thing to watch out for - if you ask the front desk to call you a cab to get to the airport then they call them from the airport rank - BUT they start their meter running when they leave the airport to come to the hotel so you are, in effect, paying double! Apart from that, it's all wonderful!
I wonder if you can walk behind the hotel and get a taxi from town? The village of Roissy was a nice place to walk and made this airport hotel a little nicer than most that are in no man's land.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dgwright99
This is, IME and IMHO one of the very worst HIs in the entire system. There are some real dumps in NA, but they tend to lack the awful service..
I had to stay some nights at former Holiday Inn Charles de Gaulle (because of very late evenings work session for an Air France project), and was very happy with it (very friendly staff, not newest but perfectly decent executive rooms, very quiet).
But it is of course a good news if this hotel will be renovated.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I had to stay some nights at former Holiday Inn Charles de Gaulle (because of very late evenings work session for an Air France project), and was very happy with it (very friendly staff, not newest but perfectly decent executive rooms, very quiet).
But it is of course a good news if this hotel will be renovated.
aren't you talking about the HI which has been closed? provided post #9 from LHWolf is correct...
Old Feb 9, 2011, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by IcHot
The village of Roissy was a nice place to walk and made this airport hotel a little nicer than most that are in no man's land.
Can anyone expand on this? Are there cafes and restaurants in the area if one arrives around dinner time and has a relatively early departure the next day? Trying to decide if it is worth taking the RER into Paris. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.