Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Wrote a short review on the IC.

I was pleasantly surprised by the good stay (in Feb) after reading this thread.

Maybe it was because it was winter and the hotel less full?

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...5/ICNYCTS.html

So now i belong to the crowd saying 'yes' to this IC.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by SgFred
Wrote a short review on the IC.

I was pleasantly surprised by the good stay (in Feb) after reading this thread.

Maybe it was because it was winter and the hotel less full?

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...5/ICNYCTS.html

So now i belong to the crowd saying 'yes' to this IC.
Thanks Sg. Shake Shack could be a convenient place to grab lunch when I arrive. Like your take-away strategy. :-)

Anyone know where I can get a good gyro nearby? And/or good greek food in general? Either close-by, or in Manhattan. Moussaka, pasticio, dolmades--either the hot stuffed non-vegetarian grape leaves with lemon sauce and/or stuffed tomatoes, real tzatziki (e.g. no sour cream; rather, very thick yogurt and heavy on the garlic). A friend who lived in NYC eons ago said Diners tend to offer good greek comfort food, but didn't have any good leads on current places.

Could also use a recommendation for a good jewish deli nearby for sandwiches, bagels, etc.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Thanks Sg. Shake Shack could be a convenient place to grab lunch when I arrive. Like your take-away strategy. :-)

Anyone know where I can get a good gyro nearby? And/or good greek food in general? Either close-by, or in Manhattan. Moussaka, pasticio, dolmades--either the hot stuffed non-vegetarian grape leaves with lemon sauce and/or stuffed tomatoes, real tzatziki (e.g. no sour cream; rather, very thick yogurt and heavy on the garlic). A friend who lived in NYC eons ago said Diners tend to offer good greek comfort food, but didn't have any good leads on current places. Could also use a recommendation for a good jewish deli nearby for sandwiches, bagels, etc.
If street cart food is acceptable, Halal Guys have a gyro cart at 7th Ave and 53rd (from the IC nine short blocks north, then one long block east

For delis, nothing worthy nearby. You really need to go down to Katz's on the lower east side.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
I'll second Halal Guys. Be sure to get the sauces on the side. The red sauce is very very hot. Dafni Greek Taverna is pretty good and quite close. 42nd St between 8th and 9th. Awesome warm pita, but service can be slow. If you don't mind trekking to the UES, Anassa Taverna is one of my favorite places, and a bit more upscale. It's on E 60th between 2nd and 3rd Ave.

My favorite jewish deli is Sarge's. It's on 3rd Ave, between 36th and 37th St.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lunacy111
I'll second Halal Guys. Be sure to get the sauces on the side. The red sauce is very very hot. Dafni Greek Taverna is pretty good and quite close. 42nd St between 8th and 9th. Awesome warm pita, but service can be slow. If you don't mind trekking to the UES, Anassa Taverna is one of my favorite places, and a bit more upscale. It's on E 60th between 2nd and 3rd Ave.

My favorite jewish deli is Sarge's. It's on 3rd Ave, between 36th and 37th St.
Thanks Lunacy. The wife and I enjoyed Dafni Greek Taverna. Solid gyros and souvlakis in a nice setting. We'd consider returning for dinner.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by unifer
The email worked - I was upgraded to a Sky View Corner King.. not a suite but still pretty great! Confirmed on IHG.com. Thanks a bunch!
Good to hear! I'll be trying this ([email protected]) late fall 2016 after I get my Chase IHG CC free night. Should be Spire by then and probably join the Ambassador program before any NYC IC stays. :-:

I guess I can book back to back with the Amb BOGO offer?

Last edited by Tony300S; Jul 27, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Intercontinental Times Square

InterContinental - New York Times Square

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

300 W 44th St New York, NY US 10036

Intercontinental Times Square (0 Photo)

Check In

Despite arriving at 3am, my check in was very friendly and welcoming.  My flight had been delayed getting into JFK but there was no issues with my room at all.  Nice, quick and easy (although not surprising at that time in the morning!)

Room

I had booked a basic room on points and got upgraded on the morning of my stay to a King Bed Sky View Corner room.  The room was great and the view was wonderful - a real New York rooftop view.

In the room was some water, my Ambassdor gift of fruit and some chocolates and a welcome letter.  It was all very good.

The room iteself had a lovely decor - a really nice modern style.  The bathroom was a highlight and the showere was fabulous.  It was one of the few hotels where I seen a towel other than white - I really liked them and made it slightly unusal!

The bed was really comfy - in fact a little on the soft side to my taste but I slept really well.

The hotel is just off Times Square, which makes the location really busy and bustling.  I liked the fact that the subway was right next door, which made getting to and from the airport cheap and easy to do.  This also means that it is easy to get around town.

Overall

Overall, I had a great stay and can highly recommend this hotel.  It is a beautfiul hotel, in a very central setting.  On a points stay it was an absolute bargain, especially considering the upgrade I got!

Intercontinental Times Square

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental - New York Times Square?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:48 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Just booked a Saturday (Share Forever Reward Night) at the IC Times Square NYC in December on a date when the going rate is $540 per night! Excited to check this place out with the family during the Christmas season. :-:

Plan on rolling spare IHG points into an Ambassador membership to enhance my stay here and at other IC locations over the next year. Will report back with a stay review and my overall impressions of hotel service. ^
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:19 am

Stayed here for one night using points at the end of August. We stayed at IC Barclay for 2 nights first and were much happier with the stay at IC TS.

Just like Aks120, we were upgraded to a Sky View room and the view was great! We received a nice plate of fruits, nuts + some chocolates and water as AMB amenity.

At checked out we were also offered bottles of water to take with us. It was very hot when we were in NYC, a bottle of water each might be something small, but we thought it was very thoughtful and a nice gesture. In comparison to the other IC Barclay, we were treated much better here!!

Last edited by loyaltypointschaser; Oct 3, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Just booked a Saturday (Share Forever Reward Night) at the IC Times Square NYC in December on a date when the going rate is $530 per night! Excited to check this place out with the family during the Christmas season. :-:
Just a quick UPDATE: After my status change to Spire Ambassador I emailed the hotel ([email protected]) in advance of my stay requesting any available upgrades and 24-hours later got great news from Christol Keane (IC Guest Relations Agent).

"I wanted to let you know that your upgrade request for the Sky View Double Bed was honored. As you know the upgrade on a points stay is not always guaranteed but we were able to extend the courtesy to ensure you and your family enjoy their visit to the Big Apple." ^

The going rate for the Sky View room is $580 on this date so we will greatly enjoy only paying for $35 parking.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Just a quick UPDATE: After my status change to Spire Ambassador I emailed the hotel ([email protected]) in advance of my stay requesting any available upgrades and 24-hours later got great news from Christol Keane (IC Guest Relations Agent)
To be honest, I doubt your Spire had anything to do with it and it's more to do with your AMB.

I've always found the IC TS to be great with AMB upgrades, and more often than not these are done ahead of check in.

Anyway, enjoy your stay, and especially the views from the Sky room - they are great!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Currently here for my Bdays, used my free night from the CC, was upgraded to the 35th floor, when we came back from seeing Kinky Boots, there was a bowl of fruit and chocolate with a letter thanking for returning. Booked a superior room given a Sky View room, we are on the 35th floor.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Just back from a 6 night stay here with my wife and 2 children. We booked a 2 beds Deluxe room and they upgraded us to a 2 beds sky view for the duration of the stay.

3 rewards nights
1 free credit card night
2 nights with Ambassador BOGOF

Check in was good, we were early and our room was not ready as they were trying to get a high floor for us. They gave us all a bottle of water, stored our bags and took my number to let me know when the room was ready. They sent me a text when it was ready.

When we got back simply picked up the keys and went to the room. We had a plate of fruit, chocolates and a bottle of water as the ambassador gift. The water was replenished daily.

The room was nice, great view with a large bathroom. My one gripe was we only had 3 towels despite there being 4 of us. We kept asking for another towel and every day we after the room was cleaned we had 3 again.

Staff were always friendly and helpful - concierge printed out some tickets for us that I had bought online.

Great location and easy to get around.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Any recent experiences from RA's at this IC?

Staying here on points for a few days, wondering what room upgrade we might get (booking currently showing as a 'superior room'), and whether RA perks apply on reward stays - the replies in this thread are pretty mixed.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The bar and restaurant have had a name change, it's now The Stinger Cocktail Bar and Kitchen by Chef Todd English.

http://www.thestingernyc.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.