Search

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC75K, PC Platinum
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort

Hi all,

Just a question -- which has probably been asked several times. Anyhows -- I'm planning on spending a week or so at the above mentioned resort, and was wondering if people earn PC points for stays there? Can't seem to find anything on the website that indicates either way, so perhaps someone on here can provide some insight.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Assuming your stay is booked through IHG and not through the timeshare side,you will get points for your stay and incidentals charged to your room.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
We stayed there in March on PCR points and got great Plat treatment w/ upgrade. Got PCR points for food/stuff too. Nice place, big, lots of things for families, central to Disney (see the fireworks at night from there), central for trips to the left or right coast. Groceries pricy on site best to buy at nearby food marts.

Posted this back then....16K option might still be on if you don't mind a time share tour.

Earn 16000 PC Points at Holiday Vacation Club Orlando Added 26th Mar

This is an unpublished offer made only to PCR Members who stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations ORLANDO - ORANGE LAKE RESORT, KISSIMMEE, FLORIDA.

Upon check-in you will be asked (optional - entirely your call) to participate in a 90 minute presentation the next day on ownership (Timeshare) where everyone is offered a $100 voucher for use in the area "but" PCR Members can select 16,000 PCR pts instead if they wish. Now if you have time (actually takes 2 hrs ) to kill anyway and want a free continental breakfast its an easy way to p/u 16K in points.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC75K, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
We stayed there in March on PCR points and got great Plat treatment w/ upgrade. Got PCR points for food/stuff too. Nice place, big, lots of things for families, central to Disney (see the fireworks at night from there), central for trips to the left or right coast. Groceries pricy on site best to buy at nearby food marts.

Posted this back then....16K option might still be on if you don't mind a time share tour.

Earn 16000 PC Points at Holiday Vacation Club Orlando Added 26th Mar

This is an unpublished offer made only to PCR Members who stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations ORLANDO - ORANGE LAKE RESORT, KISSIMMEE, FLORIDA.

Upon check-in you will be asked (optional - entirely your call) to participate in a 90 minute presentation the next day on ownership (Timeshare) where everyone is offered a $100 voucher for use in the area "but" PCR Members can select 16,000 PCR pts instead if they wish. Now if you have time (actually takes 2 hrs ) to kill anyway and want a free continental breakfast its an easy way to p/u 16K in points.
Thanks for the info, great to hear that we might actually earn some sort of PC points for this stay. We actually have timeshare through RCI, but, found it's way cheaper to book through a third-party like Expedia. (which I thought was somewhat strange).

I doubt, however, that I would get PC points by booking through a 3rd-party like Expedia. I think I'd be willing to sit through that presentation thing, but I'd have to check with the other half - not sure if that would be her idea of a vacation, and she's not a points-hoe like me!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I have stayed here twice within the last year.

The first time was excellent-facilities and staff were wonderful.

The second time was a nightmare-almost nothing went well-starting at checkin and continuing throughout the entire week. No upgrade as a Plat the second time and we were put in a less than desirable location within the resort.

We had numerous facility problems with almost no resolution and inept staff.

We also accepted the offer for the timeshare presentation on the second trip-this time we were actually considering purchasing here before we even arrived. It was a high pressured 3 HOURS and each time we said no,another layer of rep(total of 5) was empowered to pad the deal. They were quite nasty when they finally accepted our rejection.

Due to this second trip to this property,I will never return. The management is abysmal,which is too bad,as the property has great potential to be a gem.

FYI-you will need a car.The shuttles do not run as frequently as needed and the property is huge.

It is in a great location-accessible to everything,including a Target just outside the gates that will have any supplies you need.

Last edited by freeflyin; Jun 21, 2010 at 8:18 am
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Newfiescreech
I doubt, however, that I would get PC points by booking through a 3rd-party like Expedia.
I booked a package deal from 6/8 thru 6/15 at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort in Orlando thru Expedia thinking the same. I gave them my PC number at check-out time not expecting much. On 6/20, my PC account was awarded 1057 Non-Qualifying Stay points for food purchases only ($96.08 resulted in 961 points + 96 points for 10% gold member bonus).

Last edited by argeeleh; Jun 21, 2010 at 6:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.