Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accounts closed with nearly half million points

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Thumbs down Accounts closed with nearly half million points(A chain discriminating chinese now)

None..

Last edited by szg; Jun 28, 2011 at 10:59 am Reason: Deleted because of OPs request
Old May 28, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
this quote below is from the same story?

--------------
The truth is, the account never had second account AND never registered any codes provide online, it only earned points from Multi partner activities.
---------------
Old May 28, 2010, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by olegator
this quote below is from the same story?

--------------
The truth is, the account never had second account AND never registered any codes provide online, it only earned points from Multi partner activities.
---------------
no, this is for my father in law account, closed last month, not much points, so did not bother to argue!

now, they closed mine, my wife and my father! I found out today! I am in the middle of HIX reward stay redeemed last Friday!

Do you consider three diff names stay at diff hotels worldwide and managed by me as same person?

Last edited by yyliu88; May 28, 2010 at 9:54 pm
Old May 29, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: IHG-PA, SPG-G
Troy, you could always get our supports.
I have never seen such an arrogant company who values the loyalty members as nothing.
One of my friend suffered as well. He was on a trip to Australia. The account was shut down by IHG on the day that he arrived in Australia.... I believe IHG closes accounts only through the name you registered. If it looks like a Chinese name, it is about to be closed...
Old May 29, 2010, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
That is why you should always use the points occasionally.

But again I have my sympathy and support to you.

To access the same account from same IP address is not the evidence of fraud since you are the same family, and it is reasonable that the family manage their travel by one person.

I think that is the argument you should address during your conversation with them.

Regards
Old May 29, 2010, 4:23 am

aha, so IHG's new policy is that they close the account if someone with a chinese name has registered too many codes
Old May 29, 2010, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I can understand your frustration but must take exception with your charge of discrimination against Chinese. The reality is that fraud is rampant in China and as patterns emerge companies must take action until credibility can be ascertained. I live in a North American city where counterfeit products were relatively rare until a decade ago when ethnic Chinese retailers established large malls selling pretty much nothing but counterfeits, and street stalls in the old Chinatown district overflowed with counterfeit DVDs and CDs. Many companies still refuse to do business in China because of this theft is tolerated if not encouraged by authorities. It is a sad reality and you are caught up in the enforcement and crack downs many companies are now undertaking. That it appears to be racially targeted is merely an overlap between racial and national origins of this abuse. When the validity of your account(s) is ascertained, you and your family members will have access to these points as has been the case with those accounts of others -- mostly non-Chinese by the way -- who were singled out in the initial round of audits.

As your FT ID shows you have other programs, you should be able to use your points from those for the extra nights you require.
Old May 29, 2010, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by Shareholder
When the validity of your account(s) is ascertained, you and your family members will have access to these points as has been the case with those accounts of others -- mostly non-Chinese by the way -- who were singled out in the initial round of audits.
I can understand your point.

However I failed to understand the rational between Chinese counterfreit industry and Chinese PC members...

I am more confused now regarding Mr. Liu's situation. Is his account permanently closed down or just in auditing?

I have the impression that his account is closed down rather than being audited for the Quiz Game few months back.

Until I personally hear any non-Chinese members report their accounts being closing down, I have to say Mr. Liu has his case.
Old May 29, 2010, 6:32 am

if someone comes up with a trick to obtain loads of points and it is posted in a Chinese (or French, or German etc) language equivalent to FF, no wonder that most of the offenders will be chinese/german or french

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; May 29, 2010 at 6:49 am
Old May 29, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: IHG-PA, SPG-G
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I can understand your frustration but must take exception with your charge of discrimination against Chinese. The reality is that fraud is rampant in China and as patterns emerge companies must take action until credibility can be ascertained. I live in a North American city where counterfeit products were relatively rare until a decade ago when ethnic Chinese retailers established large malls selling pretty much nothing but counterfeits, and street stalls in the old Chinatown district overflowed with counterfeit DVDs and CDs. Many companies still refuse to do business in China because of this theft is tolerated if not encouraged by authorities. It is a sad reality and you are caught up in the enforcement and crack downs many companies are now undertaking. That it appears to be racially targeted is merely an overlap between racial and national origins of this abuse. When the validity of your account(s) is ascertained, you and your family members will have access to these points as has been the case with those accounts of others -- mostly non-Chinese by the way -- who were singled out in the initial round of audits.

As your FT ID shows you have other programs, you should be able to use your points from those for the extra nights you require.
You misled us. I don't think the actions that IHG took regarding the accounts have anything to do with counterfeit products.

IHG's closure of Chinese members' accounts has interpreted what "discriminiation" is
1) Closure of accounts and cancellation of reward nights without notification in advance.
2) Members could only contact IHG office in America through phone call, (considering the 12 hours time lag....). The phone number is always not reachable. The staff who was assigned to deal with these cases is extremly bad-mannered and would not even listened to the explaination and pleading.
4) Argument and evidence was never provided by IHG.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:26 am

sound like the OP and his entourage has been caught with their hands in the cookie jar big time and are now pretending that they are victims
Old May 29, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: UA,AA
Not sure yet if this is discrimination again Chinese, hope any non Chinese who has similar cases to report here.

I also manage my wife,my in-law accounts and sometimes my friends will ask me to book the air and hotel stays, hope they are not considering me as a fraudulent
Old May 29, 2010, 8:34 am

I believe what posted by Troy are the fact. He and his family earn PC points fair and square. Their points and loyalty shown ought to be respected.

The way IHG treat the loyalty this way makes me feel bad.
It seems like IHG is using a stupid method (maybe by shut down points holder who has a Chinese name), and doing it in such an arbitrary way.

It's a warning to all about this kind of behavier we can expect from IHG, and that's a huge downgrading of PC's reputation.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
sound like the OP and his entourage has been caught with their hands in the cookie jar big time and are now pretending that they are victims
I do not know the OP, and I checked around, there is no post or prove that he is doing anything fraudulent.

Can you give us any data to support your accusation?
Old May 29, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: PC Plat Royal Amb, Plat SPG
Membership Cancellation. SCH reserves the right to cancel any Priority Club® membership and revoke any and all unredeemed Priority Club® points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of these Terms and Conditions; 2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges; 4) failure to pay for hotel charges; 5) a check to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason; 6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program; 7) more than one active account per member; or 8) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by SCH in its sole discretion.

Legal rights. Neither the Program nor any benefit offered by the Program creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by members against SCH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.