Accounts closed with nearly half million points

Old May 29, 2010, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by adrienz
You misled us. I don't think the actions that IHG took regarding the accounts have anything to do with counterfeit products.

IHG's closure of Chinese members' accounts has interpreted what "discriminiation" is
1) Closure of accounts and cancellation of reward nights without notification in advance.
2) Members could only contact IHG office in America through phone call, (considering the 12 hours time lag....). The phone number is always not reachable. The staff who was assigned to deal with these cases is extremly bad-mannered and would not even listened to the explaination and pleading.
4) Argument and evidence was never provided by IHG.

I am merely pointing out that this same syndrome affects many activities in China and the fact that PC is auditing Chinese accounts is a national not a racial matter. That country is rife with intellectual and other forms of fraud and theft and has been targeted at the moment by PC for auditing of accounts with unusual amounts of points which might have been the result of fraud. The lock-down of accounts occurred in other parts of the world over the past few months and nobody accused PC of discriminating against races found in those countries.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The lock-down of accounts occurred in other parts of the world over the past few months and nobody accused PC of discriminating against races found in those countries.
Where can I found this info? I only found lots of people get locked down for fraudulent several months ago.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I obviously don't know the details of how the accounts were used or why PCR did what they did, but I think your best bet is going to be to go to either the top (Steve S) or via social media channels (you run a blog on a well-respected travel blog site). However, I would shy away from discrimination claims, as that is likely just to get folks you could help you on the defensive.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
This thread is full of speculation and hearsay, with little to no evidence to back up these claims.

I have a question to the Chinese conspiracy theorists in here: Is the common denominator Chinese names or Chinese IP addresses?
Old May 29, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by IC6A
I can understand your point.

However I failed to understand the rational between Chinese counterfreit industry and Chinese PC members...

I am more confused now regarding Mr. Liu's situation. Is his account permanently closed down or just in auditing?

I have the impression that his account is closed down rather than being audited for the Quiz Game few months back.

Until I personally hear any non-Chinese members report their accounts being closing down, I have to say Mr. Liu has his case.

shut down. I redeemed last Friday for check in last Sat until this Friday, when I want to extend my stay online using points on Friday, that's when I found out. I called, CSR told me the account has no points, then she checked again, she said account was closed.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by Jazzop
This thread is full of speculation and hearsay, with little to no evidence to back up these claims.

I have a question to the Chinese conspiracy theorists in here: Is the common denominator Chinese names or Chinese IP addresses?
I live in US
Old May 29, 2010, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I am merely pointing out that this same syndrome affects many activities in China and the fact that PC is auditing Chinese accounts is a national not a racial matter. That country is rife with intellectual and other forms of fraud and theft and has been targeted at the moment by PC for auditing of accounts with unusual amounts of points which might have been the result of fraud. The lock-down of accounts occurred in other parts of the world over the past few months and nobody accused PC of discriminating against races found in those countries.
The reason I say racial, not national is because I live in States with US address for 10 years, my address was US address since the first day I joined PCR 7 years ago, almost all my and my wife stays are in US or EU, but our accounts were closed.

As for my father account, he is in China since the first day, never redeemed points for anyone else but me, he stayed 100+ nights last year with PCR. He knew nothing about computer, so I managed accounts for him. same thing, closed this week

what is the other reason for closing my account other than my Chinese name.

I registered same codes as everyone else here. Never redeemed points for anyone other than ourselves. Has anyone heard any closure from Non Chinese on this forum
Old May 29, 2010, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dodoldurian
Where can I found this info? I only found lots of people get locked down for fraudulent several months ago.
you can not unless u can read chinese
Old May 29, 2010, 11:08 am

How do you know if an account is closed? Are you locked out on accessing your account online? Do 0 points show up in the account?
Old May 29, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I obviously don't know the details of how the accounts were used or why PCR did what they did, but I think your best bet is going to be to go to either the top (Steve S) or via social media channels (you run a blog on a well-respected travel blog site). However, I would shy away from discrimination claims, as that is likely just to get folks you could help you on the defensive.
steven s is not enough, the person who handle this Josh Ellerman, the assistant to Mr. Chris Zoloth,Director of Global Customer Care for IHG. He is very rude on the phone.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by db1234db1234
How do you know if an account is closed? Are you locked out on accessing your account online? Do 0 points show up in the account?
I login and try to use the points, the website said "We did not recognize this email address or Priority Club #. "

I used PCR number, not email to sign in.

same thing for my father, mine and my wife. If read my post last months, My father in law account was closed too with this kind of word, means ur account is no longer here.

I then called to confirm
Old May 29, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyliu88
steven s is not enough, the person who handle this Josh Ellerman, the assistant to Mr. Chris Zoloth,Director of Global Customer Care for IHG. He is very rude on the phone.
Josh Ellerman works out of Guest Relations in Utah.
Steve Sickel is a Senior Vice President in charge of PCR and is based in Atlanta.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes

Also, do you want to use a program that can shut you down anytime!
Old May 29, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, do you want to use a program that can shut you down anytime!
All programs assert that right.
Old May 29, 2010, 12:16 pm

so why have you not started a thread over at PC Connect about this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.