Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone that has stayed at the new Staybridge Times Square?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
My partner and I stayed there one night back in mid-April (just two weeks after they opened) and had a wonderful stay. The only thing really lacking, and as others have noted, is the elevator situation. 32 floors and 3 elevators is generally not a good situation -- especially on the weekends and during peak check-in/check-out time. I live in 35-story high-rise way up high in downtown Dallas and we have 5 elevators and even that can be a long elevator wait at times it seems.

The breakfast and staff are especially great. As a PC Plat member, I got a room on the 27th floor with a perfect view of the Empire State Building. Rooms are also a great use of space and very functional. One other note (and something that everyone probably realizes) is that it's definitely not the "trendiest" place to stay in NYC -- many older couples and families with small children were staying here.

Overall though, two thumbs up! Especially considering the $167/nt rate and 15,000+ PC bonus points I got for one night's stay!
Old May 25, 2010, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DFW25FLY
it's definitely not the "trendiest" place to stay in NYC
Are you suggesting than the Standard, the Mercer, The Cooper Square, the Gramercy Park or the The Bowery Hotel are more trendy than the Staybridge Times Square?
Old May 28, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
We've just booked to stay at this hotel for a week and a half using the points and cash option on points breaks, which looks to be great value.

One thing I've noticed about the booking confirm is that the rate explicitly doesn't include 14.75% tax, or 3.50USD nightly service charge.

I imagine the Points Breaks T&C's will mean we don't pay any 14.75% tax, but I'm not so sure about the service charge.

Would be interested in others thoughts/experiences so we know what to expect.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2010, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
We've just booked to stay at this hotel for a week and a half using the points and cash option on points breaks, which looks to be great value.

One thing I've noticed about the booking confirm is that the rate explicitly doesn't include 14.75% tax, or 3.50USD nightly service charge.

I imagine the Points Breaks T&C's will mean we don't pay any 14.75% tax, but I'm not so sure about the service charge.

Would be interested in others thoughts/experiences so we know what to expect.

Thanks!
You shouldn't pay any taxes on the award night.
Also, FYI this is not "Point Breaks"--those are the 5K/night award room specials.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by soitgoes
You shouldn't pay any taxes on the award night.
Also, FYI this is not "Point Breaks"--those are the 5K/night award room specials.
True true, my bad! I'm obviously too used to spending my points in batches of 5k

Do you think the "service charge" will be payable? It's not a big deal either way. I am chuffed to be able to stay in this property for a week and a half at what works out to be a bargain rate.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Do you think the "service charge" will be payable?
No, you shouldn't have to pay it.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:26 pm
jk2

maximum occupancy for reward nights

When checking an availability in this hotel for rewards nights (using PC points), there are only rooms available that have a limit of 2 guests/room. I plan to stay with my wife and 1.5 year old daughter, so in terms of number of guests we are over the limit, but usually infants do not count. I called Priority Club and they told me that this is entirely up to hotel, called Staybridge - they said this is OK, we all can stay in one room. I am a little bit worried, since on the day of check in it might be another person on the reception that could say "no" to us. Does anybody face such situation?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by jk2
When checking an availability in this hotel for rewards nights (using PC points), there are only rooms available that have a limit of 2 guests/room. I plan to stay with my wife and 1.5 year old daughter, so in terms of number of guests we are over the limit, but usually infants do not count. I called Priority Club and they told me that this is entirely up to hotel, called Staybridge - they said this is OK, we all can stay in one room. I am a little bit worried, since on the day of check in it might be another person on the reception that could say "no" to us. Does anybody face such situation?
Why not email them to get it in writing, then print it out and have it on hand at check in.

There could be inconsistencies with the front desk staff as when I emailed regarding my late check in, I requested for a double bed if possible and they replied that they would upgrade me 'certainly' if there was occupancy. (I booked on points a king bed, doubled are not available on rewards and are more expensive on BAR).
However when I was checking in, I inquired and they said they would have to charge me if I wanted to upgrade but the hotel was fully anyways.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just booked a reward stay here for june....i think 20k points a night is a great deal in manhattan....

i was short by 355 points to book this stay so i called in to buy the least number of points required to get me over the limit....the agent i spoke to was kind enough to give me the points required....i didn't even have to ask....i know 355 points is not a lot but these are little things that go a long way in building loyalty....good job pc....^^
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:32 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Go for the Free BEER! Tues - Thurs 530 - 730pm.
I love that you can DIY pour Stella and drink as much as you like in the 2 hours.
Had about 10 drinks on the house the 2nights I was there.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no updates for over 3 years....has anyone stayed here recently????
Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Keyser
no updates for over 3 years....has anyone stayed here recently????
I did last month for a week. Third year in a row. The hotel is still in very good shape. Staff friendly. Breakfast (6:30-10 weekdays, 7:30-11 weekends) is typical Staybridge Suites and Sundowner from 5-7 pm Tues-Thurs has become typical Staybridge Suites (food has been downgraded). They replaced 1/2 of the washers and dryers with brand new huge models (I hate that they use all of them to do the hotel bedding and towel laundry during the day). The wifi is getting a little slow at times, they've cut back on tv channels (was over 100 now about 50) and the elevators are still a major headache at peak hours (7-11 am, 3-8 pm). I waited more than 15 minutes at 9 am to get an elevator for myself and 2 bags of luggage to checkout...and they just had the elevator service people in for 2 days to speed up the elevators while we were there (didn't help). There is a high rise construction project in its early stages next (west) to the hotel. As long as your a/c is on you won't hear it in the room...but it is loud and starts at 7 am.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I did last month for a week. Third year in a row. The hotel is still in very good shape. Staff friendly. Breakfast (6:30-10 weekdays, 7:30-11 weekends) is typical Staybridge Suites and Sundowner from 5-7 pm Tues-Thurs has become typical Staybridge Suites (food has been downgraded). They replaced 1/2 of the washers and dryers with brand new huge models (I hate that they use all of them to do the hotel bedding and towel laundry during the day). The wifi is getting a little slow at times, they've cut back on tv channels (was over 100 now about 50) and the elevators are still a major headache at peak hours (7-11 am, 3-8 pm). I waited more than 15 minutes at 9 am to get an elevator for myself and 2 bags of luggage to checkout...and they just had the elevator service people in for 2 days to speed up the elevators while we were there (didn't help). There is a high rise construction project in its early stages next (west) to the hotel. As long as your a/c is on you won't hear it in the room...but it is loud and starts at 7 am.
thanks for the update....i always stay at the candlewood suites but this time i need 2 beds & all rooms at the candlewood suites only have single queen beds....so i thought i would give this property a try this time....
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:54 pm

I was there a couple of weeks ago on reward stay. Good value on points and the breakfast and drinks/food at night are a nice perk. The hotel is not in the greatest location for midtown but right across from the bus terminal and subway.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:19 am

I booked a week here in August. Promptly checked straight out next morning! Big mistake.
Stayed on points, given a rubbish dirty room by the cleaning cupboard, kept awake by drunken shouting outside all night and someone rustling in the cupboard outside my room every hour throughout the night.
Had to walk past a woman weeing in the street outside the hotel.
Breakfast was like feeding time at a zoo. It's a low rent location and a pretty low rent hotel.

Got my points back and checked into the IC....bliss!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.