Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by brandinius
Interesting. Mine was inaccessible as well this evening. I only banged it for 1200 "bonus" points yesterday.

PC Customer Service just reinstated it when I called, no questions asked except to verify my identity.

Looks like it takes an actual contact with them to get it running again.
Gosh - you're gonna have me checking my account for the next few days to see if anything happens.

Still, it sounds like restoration has been easy for us.

Perhaps we need to think of this as a bit of a warning.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Perhaps we need to think of this as a bit of a warning.
"You wanna f*ck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: IC RA
Same happened here as well, signed up for 100 points from each country and about 2 hours later account was inactive, quick call to the service centre the lady said she would be a little while she was checking for duplicate accounts, she was gone about 10 minutes she then apologized and put my account back to normal......
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I asked around, 3 other guys that I know have the same problem all got around 1-2k

still gone and so is mine
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by awpeters
If they cancel an RA account over 1500 points, with at least 8 IC reservations currently booked, a storm is going to ensue.
In that case I'd escalate the issue very high. "Undeserved" 1,5k? Right deduct it, whatever. But do they really, really want to lose one of their top 1% customers (as you're RA)?

On a more general note - sometimes it pays not to be too greedy. I did 1 quiz/lang, and so far so good (touch wood)

On an even more general note - just have to love PC. The missus on her brand new account already clocked up a PB night worth of points without even stepping in a IHG property or spending a cent ^ Frontier, Alaskan, points.com signup, different PC promotions (NB she actually WAS targeted for this quiz )
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: PC
Did one quiz in each language, my account still works...let's hope it stays that way
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: IC Amb, Hilton Gold, MR Silver
Has anyone else problems with loggin-into PC account

Got a message:
- "We did not recognize this PIN #. Please try again. "
- "The Email address provided is invalid. Please check the address and try again. Contact your nearest Priority Club Rewards Service Center for assistance."
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Did you do a lot of surveys? You may want to read the last couple of pages of the Promo Discussion thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...2010-a-10.html
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I did one quiz in each language and an additinal one in English/UK, total of 1100, and I have been closed down... I am too scared to check to see if it has been reactivated, I am away on a trip at the moment, so can not call them if I needed to anyway.

Will see what happens if I have to contact them. Nothing like many of your accounts... I only have 39,000 points and Gold, however it was almost enough for an IC award night...

EDIT: - Nope, still closed...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:06 am

12 or so... (different languages)
Thanks for the hint!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Ring them up.

I just called and my account was reactivated. There is no notation on the accounts to say why they have been closed so the agent assumed it was IT error.

Warning noted, though, as my points balance is now quite high after cancelling a raft of reward nights and I don't want to lose them. Even cashed out as Amex Anyhotel cards my balance is worth quite a bit.

Last edited by Raffles; Feb 12, 2010 at 2:29 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:21 am

I wrote an email. Will see how much time it takes to reactivate it.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:25 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
ditto...
got my account de activated as well.. but i took it a bit far with the quiz to be honest, earning more than 10,000 points

and when i called the lady at the ambassador desk service , she asked me about some information, for verification,put me on hold for a bit long time and then she re-sustained my account saying there was some error for some unknown reason in the system..... i hung up and let out a scream of relief , with more than 1/2 million points in my account that have been collected over 3 years, i dont want my priority club being locked
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:34 am

next I bet some people who manage to get their accounts re-activated will be complaining that they didn't gather more points while they had the chance - human nature
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Raffles
Ring them up.

I just called and my account was reactivated. There is no notation on the accounts to say why they have been closed so the agent assumed it was IT error.
From reading all the reports on here, what I suspect has happened is that they have realised the quiz error/"fraud" that has gone on, checked all accounts who had more than "x" number of points from the quizzes, where "x" is probably 1000 and suspended them. However, they haven't written any notes on to the account to say why and nobody has told the Service Centre, hence why you can get your account reinstated without too much trouble.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.