Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Palatine (Master Thread) - no longer a hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Hotel Indigo Palatine (Master Thread) - no longer a hotel

Just a quickie here - I booked two different nights here because they have a 10,000 bonus point rate, and I'm here on business so it's deductible...but if it weren't for the bonus, I wouldn't stay here.

Looks like an old hotel was converted but not really updated. I have been at a few Indigos and like the concept and execution, but this one wouldn't be a choice for the future.

It's the little stuff - - credit card authorization was never received because their fax machine "was broken all day", small room, all power outlets hidden (behind bed, behind TV stand, etc.), wireless signal so crappy I broke out the aircard, can't get coffee except at breakfast or "home brew" it in the room.

Give me a Hampton Inn over this any day.

That said, two night stay with the extra bonus points (and the 4K points for the Hotel Indigo bonus registration that expires in a week) should net over 30K points. Not bad.

Last edited by brandinius2; Aug 25, 2009 at 4:29 pm
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: United 1K
I stayed at this location for 4 nights and was very disappointed in this hotel. Never would book it again.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Almost forgot - big sign in the lobby, "Your car REALLY might be broken into this evening, but we're not responsible."

Paraphrase, of course.

But regardless, makes you feel oh so safe...yeah, love that.

Seriously, I have a stay planned there for tomorrow night, and I regret it. Would rather stay at the Hyatt, where I am now. But the payment's already been made by corporate, and so there I go...points or no...

Last edited by brandinius2; Aug 25, 2009 at 8:16 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
If you're in that area again I would suggest giving the Holiday Inn Express a try. It's built as a full service hotel and I've only had really amazing experiences there. Of course the first time was because of a 3k points promotion but I gotta say I go knack there mow every time Im in the area.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Ive stayed at the Indigo in Basking Ridge,NJ very cheap rate, but it seemed they were trying to copy *Ws aLoft and failed very badly

also seems it was a nenov job rather brand new construction, I believe all aLofts are brand new buildings it makes a big difference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.