Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador > InterContinental Hotels Group Stay Forum
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 24, 09, 10:07 pm   #1

HI Bloomsbury London UK

Booked this using 2-4-1 rate.

Check-in
was a blundering mess. I was given a form to fill in my personal details, which signalled quickly that something was not quite right with my online reservation. The unsmiling staff did not greet and at not point did she acknowledge that I was a PC Gold member.

Could not open door with the cards. Chambermaid walked by, looked at the room number written and helped but still unsuccessful. We scrutinised the card holder and figured it could be a case of bad handwriting, and indeed it was 610 instead of 616.

Room
Was given a double when we had booked a double with 1 sofa bed. Had to go to the reception again and was told there was no such room available! Mind-boggling. Would I mind staying in the double just for tonight? I told the manager I want what I had booked and what ensued was a 15 minutes wait, watching them scramble to re-assign rooms. This was all done while I was standing there and could listen to their loud comments on other guests' preferences.

Given that the 6th floor was Club floor I was not sure if I was given a room upgrade or downgrade with that double.

Finally given the room in the furthest corner or the hotel next to the fire exit/stairwell. Room was predictable to the point of boring. Submitted a feedback form but heard nothing from them.

Will not stay there again even though it was conveniently located near Russell Square. Had an odd feeling this HI operates in a world of its own. Stay posted as 'Non-qualifying stay' when all my other London and European hotel stays posted points.
limography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 09, 1:59 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I stayed there many years ago when it was a Crest. I see standards have been maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limography View Post
Stay posted as 'Non-qualifying stay' ...
On a 2-4-1, you should get at least the first night as qualifying. If you haven't done so, make an online claim for missing points/miles and follow it up with PC if necessary.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 09, 9:17 pm   #3

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the note. Now awaiting reply from PC.

I see you've had your share of poor service from HI/Crest before?
limography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 09, 1:36 am   #4

I always have to go to PC to get my points for this hotel. The stays always come up as non qualifying for me to, so you are not alone. I do always get them added and yes on 2 4 1
Tilly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 09, 5:57 am   #5

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
I stayed here quite recently - small rooms and could do with a bit of TLC but communal areas were nice and the breakfast was lovely. Very good location by Russell Square and convenient for Euston.
Scousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 10, 7:45 am   #6

Programs: lots.
It doesn't look like this place has improved much. See my tripadvisor review. I have also complained to PC.

I'll stick to CP St James, I think.
doctorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 10, 3:30 pm   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *A-G | 1W-E | ST-E+ | HL-GO | *W-GO | HY-PL
I echo what others have said here.

Lukewarm reception. When asked if I can get upgraded, and was told that I get the room that I had reserved as. When I told them that other London properties like the CP St James offered me free internet and drinks coupon cos of my Plat status, I was argued upon and told that she (the receptionist) had worked for Priority Club before and that is not the norm. She said that hotels like that should not do that as it cheapens the product! She said that there is nothing special with Gold or Plats other than the fact we get guaranteed reservations when booked in advance and that we get 50% more points. That's it.

I was not offered upgrade, not offered anything.

The room I booked however is a double corner room with a sofa bed!

Good location, abeit Russel Sq Tube needs elevators to get up and down the platform. 3 elevators and one was only working! You can imagine the chaos!

But ya, I'd rather try the IC or CP St James.
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote