Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador > InterContinental Hotels Group Stay Forum
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 5, 09, 9:11 am   #1

Thumbs down CP nanjing in china is no good

recently i went to nanjing for leisure
i initially booked HI AQUA CITY in nanjing ,later i found we have a corp price for cp which is very cheap, i booked for 4 nights
it was really disappointing. i am plat, and my corp price is only applicable to superior room, i asked for a upgrad when i arrived at 10 p.m., they said ok, but not executive floor, only upgrade to an alleged deluxe room about 40rmb bigger than my superior room

the air-con is too noisy that i can't fell in sleep. i talked to them several times, they told me to have earbuds. ......
finnaly they arranged a suite, but also noisy. i had no choice but to turn off the air-con. truth to be told , i'm not accustomed to the weather in south part of china, i'm an ordinary beijing'er.

the room is also too old.
dimsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 09, 11:03 am   #2

Programs: IHG RA; Hyatt D; Marriott P; SPG P;
I agree with you. IC CP NJ is too old and the air-condition is too noisy.

Last edited by c0nfig; Jun 7, 09 at 6:12 am.
c0nfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 09, 7:44 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfig View Post
I agree with you. IC NJ is too old and the air-condition is too noisy.
it's cp indeed.
there is an ic coming soon in nanjing, according to a magazine offer in the marjority hotels in nanjing, probably in the coming year, at the alleged seventh highest skyscraper
dimsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 09, 6:16 am   #4

Programs: IHG RA; Hyatt D; Marriott P; SPG P;
Yes. I made a mistake.
But the service in CP NJ is very good.
c0nfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 10, 11:42 pm   #5

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, SPG Gold, Krisflyer, Accor A-Card Platinum, Hilton Honours, QF Bronze
I'd give them some points for moving you to a suite.
camsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 11, 10:48 pm   #6

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, SPG Gold, Krisflyer, Accor A-Card Platinum, Hilton Honours, QF Bronze
I have to agree the hotel is a little odd.

At check in, the receptionist seemed completely stumped by any questions and wasn't really able to communicate in English. The situation was saved by the Italian manager on duty who is a true hotelier.

Our club room was small and very plain, whilst the club lounge was pretty average. Also, don't take taxis from the hotel as the both times we did we encountered our only rip-off taxi drivers in a 3 week trip.
Old Jan 5, 11, 10:39 pm   #7

Programs: UA-PP, TK*G, Marriott-Plat, SPG-G, IHG-Plat
Skip the CP if you come to Nanjing, instead go to the new IC that opened in the middle of last year. I stayed in the King Bed Executive Suite on the 48th floor (I think), amazing 180+ degree view of the city including Xuanwu Lake and Zijin Mountain. I really, really enjoyed my stay there. The steakhouse on the 78th(?) floor is probably the best in Nanjing. I'll post some pictures when I have the time to track them down.
mackenzie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 11, 8:53 pm   #8

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA PP, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton+IHG+Marriott Mid-tier
Hmm....I was just looking to make a booking for next week in NJ and realized that under F+F the price for the club suite at the CP is the same price as a normal king room at the IC.....that price includes breakfast, laundry, the whole deal....seems too good to be true in my opinion....
benzemalyonnais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 11, 10:04 pm   #9

It's not. It was similar at the time of my stay.

Even with with I have written, I'd go club suite at the CP. It's not a fantastic hotel, but its good enough and the location is great.