Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador > InterContinental Hotels Group Stay Forum
Sign in using an external account

Old May 26, 09, 4:22 am   #1

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
IC Singapore

Stayed there already six times during this year. Always was well recognized as an Ambassador and can't wait to get there again in summer being now a RA.

But from the beginning:
Arrived in a taxi from Changi airport and got well received by the front desk.
After they found out I had a room at Club level, they immediately took me upstairs to the Club for check-in.
Check-in is taking very seriously and a staff member will sit down with you seperate to discuss your rooms, your needs and will do all the paperwork for you, while you only have to sign the documents at the end.
In the meantime they serve you some drinks and hand over the Ambassador present.
After that one of the staff members will guide you to your room and explain all features of it. In more than 50% of the cases my luggage had already arrived in the room before I got there.

The rooms are a mixture of old colonial style and modern equipment (flat screen tv, Bose sound system, etc.).

The Spa and Fitness area is very nice and the small pool has a nice area to relax. However, due to the Singapore climate one will not lie to long there.
The Gym okay, but the machines could be more modern.

The massage service is excellent and all of the staff have nice skills.

But the best is the club lounge, which has an excellent service. All the staff is extremely friendly and will most of the times recognize you and greet you by name. They will also try to remember your preferred drinks and food.
Breakfast is very good and the fresh juices are a must.
Throughout the day little snacks are offered with warm and cold (soft) drinks.
During Happy Hour a nice selection of warm and cold (finger) food is offered together with alcoholic beverages. Wines, Beers and also the Singapore Sling is available.

The IC Singapore is a very nice facility and has a very friendly and efficient atmosphere. Definitely a recommendation...
travelben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 09, 11:49 pm   #2

Programs: UA-1K(2MM), IHG-Royal Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-5*, AA, SPG, LHW, SLH
I had a stay there back in Feb. Booked cheapest room and initially got upgraded to a club floor room with club access, but I told the front desk staff I didn't need club access but needed a bigger room, so she tried to get me the L-shape premier room, but then I told her I stayed quite a lot in those L-shape room in the past and didn't want it again. She looked for a while and got me a shophouse suite, then I told her I didn't want it neither since I couldn't bare the noise outside the shopping mall. Finally she got me an excutive suite (the 2nd largest room in the hotel), but she kept reminding me that next time I had to book at least a Premier room in order to get upgraded to Executive Suite.
GordonGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 09, 9:17 am   #3

Programs: Hyatt Diamond PC Platinum/IC RA, BD Gold, AY Gold OZ Diamond
How many Executive Suites do they have? I was told by email, they have only 2 and these are taken for these days I was asking for upgrade.
Richey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 09, 1:51 am   #4

Programs: UA-1K(2MM), IHG-Royal Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-5*, AA, SPG, LHW, SLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey66 View Post
How many Executive Suites do they have? I was told by email, they have only 2 and these are taken for these days I was asking for upgrade.
I also heard there are only 2 ESs and they are very popular to be booked/taken by the local couples who hold their wedding banquet in the hotel during weekend. The front desk staff also told me these ESs are often reserved by the experienced RA who books premier rooms. The 2 ESs are located on the top floor.

When they gave me a comp upgrade to the ES, they kept reminding me that I most likely had to move during weekend for the wedding people but fortunately they didn't move me.
GordonGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 09, 5:54 am   #5

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
It's definitely only the two ES. Stayed in one the one time, but never made it again up there.
But the other rooms are great too. I like especially the bathroom with that nice shower...
travelben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 09, 3:22 am   #6

3 Stays...Nothing special...yet.

Last edited by Me2Earth; May 22, 10 at 2:09 am.
Me2Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 11:26 am   #7

Programs: Junk & Stuff Silver Gold Platinum Premiere Royal Prestige Leader
Stayed here this past week for 4 nights...was a very good stay. Was moved to exec floor (11th) at checkin and was a large corner room. Service was great and staff very accomodating. I really like this hotel as I usually stay at the Hilton and the mall is excellent. A great Cold Storage supermarket where you can buy nice wines for way cheaper than theh SGD65 house wine they give you (yea but I ordered it at 4am) and good shopping and movies. A short walk from Raffles Hotel and Purvis St where I visited my favourite chicken rice resto Yet Con...

Pool small and overcrowded on weekend but still I loved the stay. Throughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Also, Bugis MRT goes right there...
Old Aug 31, 09, 12:44 pm   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord Mucci des Contes de Voyages, Diamond Hairbrush
A comprehensive review, including pictures, of the InterContinental Singapore can be found in my trip report;

Singapore in Style - A Tale of Two Skybeds (inc A380)

Comments and questions are welcome.
Old Apr 27, 10, 8:47 am   #9

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; UA Silver
After the prior posts, including Genius1's great pictures, I don't have a lot to add. Even so, I thought I'd provide a 2010 report. I stayed on points last week as a plat. ambassador. The system let me reserve a shophouse room, which is exactly what I received. I liked the Peranakan style, and I didn't notice any noise despite looking into the mall just below. It's a long walk to the lobby/exit, though.

I arrived by MRT (Bugis station) and made my way to the front desk without being offered any assistance (which is really my preference anyway). But then a man in a suit ran over and started offering unsolicted advice on SIN while a woman behind the desk handled the check-in. I wasn't clear of his title; he tried to be helpful but ultimately only succeeded in giving me wrong directions to the Night Safari. I gave him some money since he carried a bag to my room, arranged my bags, and lingered to show me every detail of the room and talk about the design, but maybe he was a manager of some kind.

The pashmina was presented on arrival. I didn't watch a movie or request late check-out. The Internet was outrageously priced -- something like S$0,50/minute. I wasn't able to pick up a free signal from the room.

A club room on my corporate rate (and other corporate rates and friends and family) was reasonable (in the mid-S$200s) and probably the way to go. It was harder than I expected to find a good breakfast in the neighborhood. I had to queue a bit for a pastry from a store in the basement of the Raffles City complex (love the kopi-c in SIN, incidentally).

I'd definitely return. The Raffles doesn't appear worth the money (I was finding rates around $700), and a lot of the other good hotels seem to be in less interesting areas.
HLS2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 10, 8:09 pm   #10

Programs: PC- Platinum Ambassador, SIA KF Gold, Marriott Elite Gold, Starwoods Preferred Gold
That's funny, we stayed there last week and had the EXACT same guy do the EXACT same thing...basically had to throw him out of my room. Tried explaning to him that we live in Jakarta and IC Sing is a very frequent stop for us. I know how to use the TV and bathroom lights.. Again, not sure who he was. Not thrilled either about always getting the upgrade to the shophouse suite. I have had the L shaped premier a couple of times and truly prefer that one. I have only once gotten above the 3rd floor though. An Ambassador friend of mine had the luck of being upgraded to the Ambassador Suite for a 2 night stay. I will try again the direct email of someone who seemed unusually helpful. This has seemed to work in the past.
tomgaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 10, 7:11 am   #11

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
was this guy an older guy?
cos if so, he hangs around check in all the time.
Not sure what his actual role is, but hes mega helpful, and yes sometimes "inaccurate"
Noelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 10, 1:27 pm   #12

Programs: BA/TK/FB Gold, 9W Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott Platinum, HH Gold, Avis CHM, Hertz PC
Sounds like Peter
Savage25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 10, 8:33 am   #13

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; UA Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
Sounds like Peter
Yes. He seems like a nice guy. I just don't understand his role.
HLS2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 10, 3:39 am   #14

Programs: Malaysian Airlines Enrich, Air France Flying Blue, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Stayed there in March after attending a forum in Shangri-La Singapore.

As Ambassador Member, I received an upgrade to shophouse room which is great (even when I was RA, I asked for those rooms as well).

The service was top class compare to Shangri-La (which many people regards as a better hotel but the front-desk staff were not informed that my rate was subsidised by the organiser, so we had an argument during the check-in about the rates, which I were not informed by the organiser as well, they also messed up my check out date).

I did not requested a late check out as I have an afternoon flight to catch but the reception told me to inform them anytime should I need to check out late (Shangri-La told me they can only tell me if I can check out late 1 day before checking out, which they then said no because the hotel was full despite over 250 people attending the forum check out the day before or on that day - luckily my room in IC was ready for me to checkin at 12 noon!).

I would continue to stay here, the room is good, nothing to shout about but services is excellent and I just love the location - on top of a MRT station and close to many places for nice food. Only complaint is most 5 stars hotel in Singapore now include internet access in their rate but you still have to pay for it in IC.
yptee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 10, 10:37 pm   #15

I miss the lamb sausage in the club lounge.
unfrequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote