Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about IC Amstel & Crowne Plaza Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Just a plebian Platinum looking to use his 1 free credit card night at either hotel.

Amstel seems to be really nice, but am just a Platinum and don't know what the "normal" rooms are like, or whether they permit early check-in.

C/P has good proximity to where we will be the next 2 nights, but it ain't the Amstel.

So, which to choose?

Many thanks,

NJ
I stayed at the Amstel last September, it is abit out of the way from the central part of town but its a beautiful hotel right on the river. The restaurant faces the river with a terrace also. There is a Metro stop a few mins away and a tram stop right near by also so its easy to get to Being a Platinum you would most probably be upgraded and the rooms are quite big as well but very traditional to old traditional style hotels but does not have a lounge.

The Crowne Plaza has more of a modern decor in it and has a Lounge
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Thanks, Russel.

I'm not sure I would get upgraded as a mere PC Platinum as I have no IC status and the lounge at the CP is not upgradeable due to status, you have to pay for it, unfortunately, and I have read that it is not anything overwhelming, anyway.

Anyone have any further observations/comments re the physical plant and treatment I might receive at either?

Thanks,

NJ
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks, Russel.

I'm not sure I would get upgraded as a mere PC Platinum as I have no IC status and the lounge at the CP is not upgradeable due to status, you have to pay for it, unfortunately, and I have read that it is not anything overwhelming, anyway.

Anyone have any further observations/comments re the physical plant and treatment I might receive at either?

Thanks,
Your welcome

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:16 am Reason: repaired quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.