Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about IC Amstel & Crowne Plaza Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I just spent a night at the Amstel and nice upgraded room however the hotel has no Club lounge and I prefer to stay downtown, so i switched to the CP, just checked in now and they did upgrade me but no club access.
Really with no club access why am i staying here. I have Platinum with SPG.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by why fly
I just spent a night at the Amstel and nice upgraded room however the hotel has no Club lounge and I prefer to stay downtown, so i switched to the CP, just checked in now and they did upgrade me but no club access.
Really with no club access why am i staying here. I have Platinum with SPG.
There is no club lounge at the SPG hotel in central Amsterdam. And the Amstel is less than 5 minutes to downtown by metro.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Amb
Executive rooms and loung access at IC Amstel

I normally use my weekend ambassador voucher in London, but have decided next year to try the IC amstel Amsterdam.

Questions does the 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE CITY VIEW give access to the executive lounge and what facilities does this lounge offer, cant find anything n the web page.

Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by aircub
I normally use my weekend ambassador voucher in London, but have decided next year to try the IC amstel Amsterdam.

Questions does the 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE CITY VIEW give access to the executive lounge and what facilities does this lounge offer, cant find anything n the web page.
You're going to be disappointed - there is no lounge.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You're going to be disappointed - there is no lounge.
Really NO lounge....well back to London then.....
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR

Thanks
Only two posts above yours, you'll find someone has already said there's no club lounge. However, as stimpy says, the health club is superb. You can have complimentary tea, coffee, and fruit whilst down there - and can have it sat on the banks of the canal if you so wish
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by markdg
Only two posts above yours, you'll find someone has already said there's no club lounge. However, as stimpy says, the health club is superb. You can have complimentary tea, coffee, and fruit whilst down there - and can have it sat on the banks of the canal if you so wish
Thanks for the info...
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
What upgrades do plats get at the CP?

Exec room without Lounge?

I noticed it's rated #14 on Tripadvisor which is pretty good.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:40 pm

Really NO lounge....well back to London then.....
If you're visiting a city because of a hotel lounge, then in my opinion you are somewhat missing the point of travelling...

In addition, the IC Amstel is one of, if not the best ICs in the group, nice though it is (in particular the service) IC London is a league below the Amstel.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: FB GP
Hey guys,

For those who want to read a bit more about the Amstel hotel, I wrote a small blog about my christmas eve stay.http://theimportantsmallthings.blogs...e-stay-at.html

Regards,
Norman
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by normanvdmeijden
Hey guys,

For those who want to read a bit more about the Amstel hotel, I wrote a small blog about my christmas eve stay.http://theimportantsmallthings.blogs...e-stay-at.html

Regards,
Norman
Good review, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to my stay there.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Anyone have recommendations on low-key food options around the IC? I'll be there by myself for 2 nights so would like some low-key restaurant ideas if you have them. How are the hotel restaurants?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
I actually really enjoy this place:

http://www.diningcity.nl/cafedejaren/

Incedibly low key, and vaguely close to the hotel. Bar downstairs and fairly informal food upstairs, with great views across the canals

Won't be everyones' cup of tea, but it's a little bit different
Old May 1, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I'm curious about people's thoughts on the two properties for September. I'm looking to go to AMS then (either location seems fine). I'll be using points, so for three nights, it's a 10K total difference. It seems like the Amstel is a no-brainer (haven't been to either), but I wanted your advice. Minibar is not especially important, but upgrades would be nice, as would the late checkout.)

FWIW, I'm currently Plat RA. (I know points stays don't necessarily get benefits, but I've seen some folks getting them.)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:06 am
Suspended

Just a plebian Platinum looking to use his 1 free credit card night at either hotel.

Amstel seems to be really nice, but am just a Platinum and don't know what the "normal" rooms are like, or whether they permit early check-in.

C/P has good proximity to where we will be the next 2 nights, but it ain't the Amstel.

So, which to choose?

Many thanks,

NJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.