Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Candlewood Suites St. Clairsville (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsville (Master Thread)

New property with very well appointed rooms. My King Studio suite was very large and spacious. Nice bed and bathroom. Soundproofing between rooms could be better though was ok. Check in experience could have been better. I checked in at 11:15 PM and just wanted to get to my room quickly after a long work day and a long drive.
Front Desk Clerk was pushy about probing to see if I would be in the area a lot and want to negotiate a special rate. I cut him off politely, but firmly and then he finished my check-in quickly. Checkout similar issue asking about booking future reservations for me when I just needed to get on the road quickly. Clerk at checkout was much less pushy. Overall this is a good property and the issues experienced were relatively minor. I would stay here again when in the area.

--Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; Jan 29, 2016 at 5:29 am
Old May 6, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards
Front desk agents are expected to check the I.D. & CC, confirm details of reservation (like how many people, how many days, etc) recognize reward members with respect to each status, explain the in's and out's of the property (like how to turn on the ice maker, housekeeping and where the coffee is), ask if you have a pet, if so go through that process, collect business cards and company info, state check out time and more knowing good and well all a man or woman wants to do is get into their room.

Its a tough job with a ton of responsibility and you are expected to do it with a smile on your face at all times kissing elite member butts.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I stay at many different properties from many different hotel groups (IHG, Marriott, Hilton, Omni). While some of them do attempt to collect information at check-in all of them will move to checking you in quickly when asked. This property was definitely much pushier than most when collecting information.

Other than that is was a very nice property. My two cents...

--Jon
Old May 12, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards
Good deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.