Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman (Master Thread)

I think to call this property a "resort" is a bit of a stretch. But for 25,000 points a night when most properties a mile away on Seven Mile Beach were going for $300+/night, it was a very good deal.

A couple of caveats:
1. You absolutely need a rental car. You're a mile from any other business and I didn't see a lot of taxis.
2. You absolutely need to reserve a pool view. If not, you risk being on the north side of the north building and looking out over a dormant construction site and very little else.
3. The beach is very small. It was raining on and off when I was there last weekend, so I didn't go down to the waterfront, but it didn't look like swimming in the ocean was a great idea.
4. An odd brand of soap and shampoo I had never heard of. If you're sensitive to those types of things, bring your own.

Now for the good news:
1. The rooms are spacious and reasonably well appointed. It was a full 1BR apartment with a full kitchen and dining room table, including a stove and full-sized refrigerator. I thought it was very comfortable.
2. The staff was friendly if a little clueless.
3. If you have a car, you're actually very close to anything along Seven Mile Beach
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:13 am

Any recent stays on this property? Got enough points for two nights that I'm looking to use up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.