Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Liverpool Airport [LPL] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Crowne Plaza Liverpool Airport [LPL] (Master Thread)

I have a reservation for the Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool - John lennon Airport hotel later this month. I reserved a standard room but have been upgraded to an Executive Spa Suite.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? What is the Executive Spa Suite like and what can I expect? I have look ed on the CP website but it doesn't mention much!

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:51 am

I stayed at the Hotel about a year ago & quite liked it - It certainly has a bit of style & history about it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10848013-post924.html

They did upgrade me to an Exec Room but not too a Spa Suite - Now I'm envious
I'm afraid I dont' know what's involved in a Spa Suite - but it sound pretty impressive!

However I didn't find the Club Lounge that impressive but as it was part of the upgrade - I wasn't too bothered.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy
I stayed at the Hotel about a year ago & quite liked it - It certainly has a bit of style & history about it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10848013-post924.html

They did upgrade me to an Exec Room but not too a Spa Suite - Now I'm envious
I'm afraid I dont' know what's involved in a Spa Suite - but it sound pretty impressive!

However I didn't find the Club Lounge that impressive but as it was part of the upgrade - I wasn't too bothered.
Thanks for the reply. Im glad I made you envious!

Im like you, I didn't have to ask for an upgrade (unlike other CP hotels in the world!). I did have an email from the hotel confirming the upgrade. Cant find much out about the suite though on the internet!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: KLM Elite, Star Alliance Gold
I got up-graded to a Spa-Suite in this great hotel (daughter is at Uni there so we make good use of it). The hotel itself is full of charm but don't eat there in the evening and don't be too difficult with breakfast (at least at weekends). They try hard but don't succeed IMO.

There are 2 Spa-Suites per floor. They are situated in the two columns either side of the main entrance door. The rooms aren't too large but are well furnished and have a small sette area. Enjoy.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carmentesoro
I got up-graded to a Spa-Suite in this great hotel (daughter is at Uni there so we make good use of it). The hotel itself is full of charm but don't eat there in the evening and don't be too difficult with breakfast (at least at weekends). They try hard but don't succeed IMO.

There are 2 Spa-Suites per floor. They are situated in the two columns either side of the main entrance door. The rooms aren't too large but are well furnished and have a small sette area. Enjoy.
What facalities are in the suite? will we be amased or just disapointed!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
I love that hotel. We use it a lot and the staff in the Club Lounge are excellent. You also get use of the fitness centre next door which has a pool.

The food is good in the hotel as well BUT the internet is charged at £15 (humbug).

We have told them that if they dont sort out the internet issue then the CP in Liverpool City is just as good with the price if you consider they give free internet.

Enjoy your stay, oh and dont get lost in the building.....

Regards
J
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I will post a detailed report on the site after the stay.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Crowne Plaza Liverpool Airport

We stayed at the CP Liverpool Airport on a PB night last Friday, and must say that this was one of the best, but also the most bizarre hotels nights I've ever had!

First upon checking in, I was asked (I have Gold Elite status) if I wanted the bonus point voucher, or the free drink/snack voucher. As an honest citizen I told the nice lady that this was an award stay, but she said that's ok you get it anyway. So I requested the drink voucher, but she then said 'oh well I've already ripped this other one off the book so might as well have both', so for a night that cost me 5000 points, I got a free glass of wine, and then 400 bonus point voucher! Off to a good start then!

The room was very spacious, nicely decorated but a little bit worn. I had emailed the front desk earlier in the week to request a room facing the back of the hotel, as the hotel used to be the main terminal of the old Speke Airport, the old airfield is at the back, and houses a collection of various old planes. As a bit of an aviation geek, I was delighted to find the request granted, and we had a Jetstream 41 parked right under our window! I was like a child at Christmas, my partner found this rather hilarious!

We have a Hi-Life dining card (for those that aren't familiar with it, it gives 241 meals etc in various restaurants), and had phoned the restaurant the previous week to reserve a table, and to let them know we'd be using the card. We were told this was not a problem. However after a drink in the bar we set off to find the restaurant, and found that it was not open that night! We asked at the bar if we could use the Hi-Life card there, and the answer was no. My partner who had made the reservation, spoke to another employee who went to check the reservation book for the restaurant, and it turned out that the girl he spoke to on the phone had never written down our reservation! This fantasic gentleman told us, that they don't accept the Hi-Life card anymore, but they have been unsuccessful in removing their details from their websit. However, since we had been told on the phone that they'd take it, he said he would honour that, and offered to open the restaurant for us! We declined as we felt awkward, but instead requested to eat in the bar area. We got seated and he brough over the restaurant menu. We both had a very, very nice 3 course meal, and sure enough this gentleman honoured the 241 and with 2 drinks each the bill came to a very reasonable £50. I still can't believe that he went to all that trouble for us, for something that he could've very easily have declined. The staff really went above and beyond on this occasion. The food was fantastic too, and I think we'll certainly return to the restaurant.

Back in the room the TV had a very odd selection of channels, and the picture quality was abysmal! This didn't bother me too much though, just seemed a bit odd for this day and age. The bed was ever so slightly too soft, and I had a bit of a sore back in the morning, but apart from that the stay was excellent! We only live 30 or so minutes from this property, and for the purpose of a 'date night' it was perfect, but for anyone wanting to visit Liverpool City Centre it is a bit far. I think a taxi would be in the region of £15 at least. If you're an aviation geek though, it is a must see!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:36 pm

Sounds like you had a great stay and the hotel really went above and beyond.

I have long wanted to stay in this hotel because of its art deco style, but it is very unlikely I ever will, so thanks for giving me a little taste.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Had a stay here last weekend, usually staying at the Hampton that is right across from the airport, but as I was just about to hit Spire and accelerate targets could be hit cheaply, tried here instead.

It's a few minute drive past the airport and has some retail park across the road with a cinema, McDonalds etc.

The hotel building itself is not quite to my taste. Nothing against the Art Deco style but it looks out of date.
Parking seems to be mostly to the far ends of the hotel, with the entrance in the middle. Disabled parking closer to the entrance.
Parking Eye system so you enter your details on the screen at reception to avoid getting charged. In and out privileges too.

Inside though is far more impressive and the Art Deco style seems to work really well here. Didn't really do much at the hotel so can't comment on the bar, food etc.
Few minute wait to get checked in and got upgraded to an executive room. Paid something like £50 for the Friday night so a good deal. 600 bonus points taken as well.

Room was on the second floor, and I used a sort of spiral staircase to get there. It's a bit of a maze trying to find rooms as they are all over the place, and some second floor rooms are another level up, others require a short set of stairs back down to them.
Went past the club lounge but never tried my key card as wasn't sure if I had access, and it seemed to close early. 7pm? Was empty in the morning.

The room itself was a decent size and in the Art Deco style.
Overlooking some sort of courtyard (the aircraft at the back seem to be the more favourable view).
Large Art Deco style unit with a 55" or so tv on it and a fridge inside along with a kettle etc. Biscuits, hot chocolate sachets and 2 bottles of water provided along with a couple of chocolates.
Large bed that was pretty comfy. Plenty of power sockets inc. USB.
Usual random light switches.

Weak point was the bathroom. Usual Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries etc.
The bath was too high to be honest and at 5ft7, and standing in it, half my head was higher than the shower head fixed to the wall so I had to crouch a little to use it.
Apart from that, small but functional.

Gym access given at the place next door although they open late and close early (10pm?) compared to say a 24/7 Pure Gym.
Free internet. Think there was the option of a slower free service or a faster paid for service. The slower one I had no issues with.

Didn't take any room pictures unfortunately.

Went round the back of the hotel in the morning to see the old aircraft parking area and there's a few there to look at in various states of repair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.