Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Park Lane vs L'oscar vs kimpton fitzroy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2023, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

IC Park Lane vs L'oscar vs kimpton fitzroy

I'm planning a stay in London on points next month with my wife. I'm currently Diamond Elite and am considering buying the $200 Ambassador status.

I've read the reviews on IC Park Lane and Kimpton but not much regarding the Mr. and Mrs. Smith property L'oscar. Which property do you guys think I would get the most bang for my status? Complimentary breakfast would be my first priority then room size, upgrade. It seems IC Park Lane is dated especially since the points stay would only allow me to book a king cosy room.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental London Park Lane : central location, great service, very nice club lounge, small and outdated basic rooms.

Kimpton London Fitzroy : trendy district closed to the British Museum, very nice accommodations, great restaurant.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by travelman0
I'm planning a stay in London on points next month with my wife. I'm currently Diamond Elite and am considering buying the $200 Ambassador status.

I've read the reviews on IC Park Lane and Kimpton but not much regarding the Mr. and Mrs. Smith property L'oscar. Which property do you guys think I would get the most bang for my status? Complimentary breakfast would be my first priority then room size, upgrade. It seems IC Park Lane is dated especially since the points stay would only allow me to book a king cosy room.
The rooms at IC PL aren’t that dated. The location is as good as you can get, the rooms are clean and the breakfast, whether downstairs or in the Club is excellent. A solid, well-run property that always delivers, in my opinion.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

nicolas75 thanks for the feedback. I was actually reading your review on your stays at these hotels

turner32 good to hear the IC isnt that dated and has good breakfast. I'm between IC and Kimpton. Is the free breakfast at IC better than free breakfast at the Kimpton?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
On my last visit to the Kimpton Fitzroy (Aug 22) the breakfasts were fantastic, both food and staff.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by turner32
The rooms at IC PL aren’t that dated. The location is as good as you can get, the rooms are clean and the breakfast, whether downstairs or in the Club is excellent. A solid, well-run property that always delivers, in my opinion.
I think this depends on personal preference and whether you need to be over at Hyde Park Corner or not. The Kimpton is a much better property overall, better value, better rooms/suites and for many a better location. Bloomsbury has genuine charm and a village feel as a neighbourhood too in some contrast to Hyde Park Corner.

The L'Oscar is really not too far away from the Kimpton and I would be interested to hear about experiences there, it does seem to be much more expensive and the decor isn't really to my taste from the pictures I have seen. The location also is busier and a bit further away from all that I like about Bloomsbury as a neighbourhood. All that said I would love to hear from the horses mouth experiences.

Between the IC and Kimpton though it is no contest for me, the Kimpton wins out every time unless you get put into one of the more basic rooms.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: IHG
It’s subjective, really.

Depends where you want to be and if you prefer a quieter/busier neighbourhood.

As LOM mentioned, you do need to go a couple of categories in at the Kimpton, because their entry level rooms are very small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.