Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Cleveland Suites (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2004, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
Thumbs up IC Cleveland Report

I spent the weekend at the IC Suites at the Cleveland Clinic. To start with, Cleveland seemed like an unlikely place to find an IC. I supposed they might be trying to leverage the brand's recognition in the Middle East to attract the Clinic's Middle Eastern clientele. In any event, there are now two ICs essentially on the Cleveland Clinic campus.

My Ambassador VIP welcome consisted of the doorman yelling at me to move my car from the front door. Apparently parking to unload and check in was not permissible. After this negative first impression, however, there were no major incidents. There was an "Ambassador Instant Check-In" sign on the front desk, and check-in was nearly that fast. There were no problems with my very low pre-paid rate (booked on the IC web site), and the appropriate number of PC points posted to my account within a week (2000 + bonuses).

This particular property doesn't seem to have an IC Club floor, and all the rooms are suites. Accordingly, there's not much opportunity for upgrade. It looks like room 800 is a very big suite, so it may be possible to get that if you're lucky. I had a room on the top floor, number 821. I posted a few pictures at hotelscoop.com. The hotel left me a fruit plate, a bottle of San Pellegrino, a gift (I think a back massager), and a note from a manager as Ambassador goodies.

Housekeeping was a little haphazard. There was a pretzel on the couch in the living room when I arrived, there were some papers on the floor, and it looked like the towels in the bathroom may have been used. Also, they were very stingy with the soap and shampoo, not replacing the former after the first night, and though the hotel offered shoe shine, they neglected to shine my shoes when I left them as instructed.

At less than $100 (I paid $79 + tax and parking [$12]), this hotel was a great value. The Ritz-Carlton downtown is a nicer property with better service for sure, but I've usually paid in the mid-$200s there. The downtown Sheraton and Renaissance Hotels are not nearly as nice as the IC, both of those having sort of a run down ambiance despite their renovation attempts.

Last edited by HLS2002; May 25, 2004 at 7:30 am
Old Aug 7, 2009, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Thumbs up IC Cleveland Suites to be Renovated!

I'm staying at the IC Cleveland Suites hotel at the Cleveland Clinic. I have stayed here a couple of times (and in the sister IC Cleveland Hotel & Conference Center many times). I'm happy to announce that the Suites property will be renovated next year.

And this is particularly nice in my opinion:
There is currently a mockup room that has been completely renovated. They try to assign it to guests who have previously stayed in the other rooms. They also give the guests a survey about the room and ask for feedback comments, etc.

So: my opinion:
The renovation is AWESOME. It is how an IC suites hotel should be set up - as an upscale modern long-term location. The former rooms are very dated.

Highlights:
Stainless steel minifridge and stainless steel microwave.
Keurig pod in-room coffeemaker with a variety of coffee and tea pods.
Large flat screen TVs in living room and bedroom.
An interesting lighting control system with labeled buttons throughout the room.
Additional power outlets.
Doorbell/lighted DND and Housekeeping system.
Very nice updated furnishings and curtains including padded headboard and modern looking sofabed.
MUCH larger stylish desk.

Of course - there might be changes based on the guest feedback.

Overall this is a VERY welcome and VERY needed renovation. I'm happy for this hotel, and hope that public space renovations join the room renovations next year!
Old Aug 8, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Wow, great news! Let's hope the economy doesn't turn this effort into a partial one. Much needed for the late '70s looking rooms.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
IC Cleveland Suites (Master Thread)

This one was directly connected to the hotel.

If you call and reserve saying you're there for a *Residency Interview* you get the room for $114 instead of whatever is listed. YMMV.

Entrance is very grand and staff is very nice and friendly.

5 Star restaurant on site is great.

The floor where my room was smelled a bit funny.

I got a regular room it was spacious and had a fully stocked minibar, bed was decent - not as good as sheratons.

Noisy as heck. I had a view of the street so i kept hearing cars all night long. DEFINITELY request to be in an internal room away from the road. I also kept hearing ambulances. Noisy.

The bathroom was AWESOME.

The room decor was green and kind of weird.

Cost to Airport: $40 in a nice town car.

They have a suit ironing service on site from 7:30am until 6pm.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Don't Count on Your Ambassador Benefits

Booked an Executive Room. Next level up is a suite. I am an Ambassador, which means a guaranteed room upgrade. I didn't get one. Nor did I get a welcome letter and gift, replenishment of my bottled water, or daily newspaper.

The lounge was often out of food only halfway through the serving times.

Management tried to brush off the lack of upgrade and amenities as if it were no big deal. Bad show. Very, very bad show, considering I sleep in hotels 125+ nights a year. Had I known they were going to screw me out of what they guarantee, I would have stayed at the Ritz Carlton for free on Marriott points.

The best part was the valet, who always had the car waiting if we called down as we were leaving the room. The room was very clean and well appointed.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:30 pm

If you didn't get your Ambassador upgrade, you should complain to the hotel, and if that doesn't work, corporate.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by camsean
If you didn't get your Ambassador upgrade, you should complain to the hotel, and if that doesn't work, corporate.
I did complain, they are blowing me off. They have apologized--only after I posted about it on their website and Trip Advisor, but that's it. If it were a situation where my status was earned rather than paid I wouldn't be as upset, but with the Ambassador status being paid and they just ignored it, I'm angry.

The day before there were still at least five suites available. If they somehow sold them out overnight, they should have at least apologized at check-in, offered dinner vouchers or sent a decent bottle of wine to the room or something. They seem unaware of the Ambassador program guaranteed upgrade and other program details. As I mentioned, I never got a welcome letter and in-room gift or newspaper, either.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:43 am

That is really dissaponting. I would keep escalating the issue until it was resolved to my satisfaction.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The Saudis probably have all the suites.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:30 pm

I took the advice of another forum member and called corporate. They agreed that I should have gotten the upgrade and the hotel dropped the ball. The insult to injury was the utter lack of other amenities except the fruit bowl and a single bottle of water. (Which tells me they absolutely knew I am an Ambassador.). Then the hotel trying to pull the "upgrades are based on availability" BS.

The hotel called and apologized profusely, and offered me something in return. The first offer was IMHO a lowball, and I politely said so. They upped the ante, and I accepted it.

While I was in the phone with corporate, they asked if I had any upcoming reservations--I have three. Only one of which was showing as upgraded.

She sent a note to the properties asking why they haven't upgraded me. If I don't get those upgrades, there's going to be a serious problem. No, I'm not calling French Polynesia to confirm in advance. That is their responsibility, I shouldn't have to go chasing what should be automatic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.