Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley Mall (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley Mall (Master Thread)

This is a report for a stay on 8/13-8/14:

Location: The hotel is located in Northwest Raleigh on US 70 (called Glenwood Avenue in this area) and I-440 directly across from the Crabtree Valley Mall. Note: If you're driving on US 70 East you have to drive past the hotel and then make a U-Turn to reach it. The property has a BP Station right next to it and there are numerous eateries around it.

Hotel: The hotel is a 12 story high rise but has been designed with two elevators, one at each end of the property. Obviously this makes for long wait times, particularly when there are a lot of people there, as there were when I was. Their ground floor is laid out in a rambling confusion fashion and is ill-signed so the elevators/restaurant/business center are hard to find. The parking lot is large but the pool is tiny.

Check In: When I arrived the lobby and area in front of the doors were crowded with people who were there for a family reunion and only one person was working the front door. She was friendly however and as a PC Member I was offered a choice of 500 points, 25% off room service or a free beer/wine or appetizer in the restaurant. The front desk people were helpful during my whole stay.

Room: I had a room on the 9th floor with a lovely view of US 70. The room was nice though as it was large and had a comfortable King bed, couch, desk and chair and a new flat screen TV. There was a small vanity area by the door and a small bathroom. The bathroom was lacking as the shower didn't have enough hot water or water pressure and the area around the drain had lost its enamel. Also, is four pillows enough for a King bed?

Other: I didn't use the restaurant but was offered a 2 PM check out. The business center computers worked well which was nice.

My rate was $65 which isn't bad and other than the long elevator waits, I had no problem with this hotel.

Last edited by CMK10; Sep 2, 2011 at 12:19 pm
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/6 - 12/7

Location: The hotel is on US 70 (aka Glenwood Avenue) and I-440. Downtown Raleigh is an easy 6 mile drive and RDU about 10 miles. Traffic in this area can build up a lot during rush hour. Nearby is Crabtree Valley Mall which has a large number of restaurants and stores.

Hotel: The hotel recently underwent a massive renovation which was only finished this year. They did a great job with it. This hotel used to be a Howard Johnson's and has been open since 1978. However, it now looks very modern. The exterior looks amazing and the interior common areas are much better. The only issue is there are still only two elevators, one car at the end of each building, and as it's a 12 story hotel, it can mean for long waits.

Check In: The agent I had seemed pretty annoyed to have to be working and she hurried through the process with me without any warmth. As an IHG Platinum i was offered a coupon for a free drink, 500 points or a welcome amenity of trail mix and water. I was also given a coupon for 10% off at the restaurant.

Room: Very nice for a HI, especially an older property such as this. Comfortable bed, small sitting area, desk, and a huge television. The bathrooms are still too small and there's a lot of dead space outside of it but that's me being nitpicky.

You can get this hotel for 10,000 points which is a great value for Raleigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.