Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador > InterContinental Hotels Group Stay Forum
Sign in using an external account

Old May 23, 10, 6:53 am   #1

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, *A Gold, Oneworld Emerald
IC Cairo Citystars Review

Here is the long awaited review of my stay at the IC Cairo Citystars hotel.

I stayed here in Feb on 30k points for one night as part of an 8 night stay in Egypt which included stays at IC Semiramis Cairo, and also stays at IC Port Ghalib.

I hold Royal Ambassador status and emailed the hotel prior to stay, i took option of airport pick up in Merc for $35 USD.

I needed to check in around 3am as flight was arriving into Cairo in early hours of the morning, hotel allowed me to check in early (was advised prior to stay as im RA they will do this).

I was advised prior to booking that I would be upgraded to a Suite with Club Access and was advised usualy they give one or the other to RA but that they will give me both.

Picked up form airport on time, 15 mins to hotel.

Checked in early hours of the morning in hotel Mercedes car, all paperwork was completed in the car on drive back to hotel with room keys given to me (nice touch).

I was shown up to my room by the duty manager, and asked if I needed anything. I then checked the minibar, it only had beers and soft drinks. I had miniatures with me from Semiramis stay and used them, I just ordered some mixers as required and they were not charged as they were added to minibar.

Hotel is very nice, new, next to huge mall, checked it out but its the same as every other mall so not really interested.

The suite was nice and modern, quite cosy with nice furnishings. Hotel is awesome, lovely poolside and spa, loads of dining options, really well maintained, as it was Valentines they had romantic theme with beautiful looking red hearts floating all over pool and pool area.

My valentines dinner overlooking pool was very special indeed.

Club lounge is little differrent, but nice, shaped rather differetly and split into sections, not very busy at all, usual hot snacks / buffet had chicken only and then some salads and some coldcuts. Table service for drinks, they had Bacardi lemon (my favourite) so had a few nice shots with my food.

checked out he next morning at 2am so approx a 24 hour stay.

Overall an excellent stay, lovely hotel, excellent upgrade, decent club lounge (for free), special valentines day to remember.

Superb value for 30k points.
navatwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 10, 7:33 pm   #2
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I agree with this review, it's a nice hotel. I liked the pool and gym quite a bit.

It's all very new looking.
Old May 24, 10, 2:50 am   #3

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, *A Gold, Oneworld Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiciansampras View Post
I agree with this review, it's a nice hotel. I liked the pool and gym quite a bit.

It's all very new looking.
The SPA and gym are lovely! They have a huge jacuzzi / hydrotherapy pool.
navatwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 10, 3:42 pm   #4

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Certainly was a decent hotel when i stayed there when it was on the pointsbreak list;suite;club access....and as the OP says - very early check in permissible.
docklander is offline   Reply With Quote