Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador > InterContinental Hotels Group Stay Forum
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 16, 09, 11:53 pm   #1

Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada and Sacramento, CA, US; UA Explorer Elite
Holiday Inn 57th St.: High Marks

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn 57th Street for 4 nights, which is on W. 57th between 9th and 10th Avenues. I paid $157 per night (Nov. 11-15, 2009), AAA rate, which effectively works out to $175 per night with taxes. I booked on the Holiday Inn website about 60 days in advance. [About 30 days prior to arrival, the price quoted was higher, around $202.] It may well be possible to get a reasonable price for a fancier property on Priceline, but I didn't bother once I booked this rate. The rate seems lower due to the recession and may increase with a recovery.

I found this to be a great location and a decent place to stay. This is not a luxury hotel, but it offered clean rooms and efficient service. I have zero complaints. There is a $2 per bag storage charge.

Arrival from Newark Airport was via the Olympia Trails bus to the Port Authority bus terminal. then via A-C-E subway to 59th St., exiting at the 57th/8th SW corner exit, about 1 and 1/2 blocks from the hotel. On our return, we used the M11 bus down 9th Avenue. $27 for an unlimited MTA 1 week pass.

A great nearby breakfast restaurant was the Flame, on 9th at 58th. We liked it so much that we returned 3 more times.

It was an easy walk to Lincoln Center, about 6 short blocks (Metropolitan Opera). The theatre district and Central Park were also within easy walking distance.

The neighborhood has lots of restaurants and shops, and appeared very safe.
Reindeerflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 09, 1:30 am   #2
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City
2014 Elections

Programs: AA PLT, HGP Diam, PC Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for posting your review, Reindeerflame!

Please continue to follow this thread in the ICH Forum.

dstan
NYC Forum Moderator