Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1st class,LH or AF?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Which 1st class,LH or AF?

I'm fortunate to be flying ex uk to singapore and like the look of either AF or LH to travel first class but I don't know which to pick. I'm also a very nervous flyer if that makes any difference! Any advice welcome. Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
On UK-SIN I would have instantly picked SQ. Among the two (LH & AF), I'd probably have a preference for LH provided it's in the A380.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

My budget doesn't stretch to SQ unfortunately. They want 7k v the others about 4k.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Not sure your budget would cover the non-stop Paris-Singapore on Air France's 777-300ER. But if it does, one of Flyertalk's leading first class travel experts/members, SFO777, has gushed as that being the best first class experience. Here's his review:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...rst-class.html

If you do that, take an earlier flight from London to Paris to enjoy what sounds like a fantastic Air France first class lounge experience.

Whatever you do, avoid British Airways if you can. It's first class is certainly pleasant (unlike its other cabins), but doesn't compare with Air France, Lufthansa, Singapore and a number of other airlines in terms of the service and especially the fact that it squeezes in more seats.
jhjunc likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If it were the 747-8i in F I might be more willing to side with LH but not a fan of the A380 F seat. Flying the tubby whale is nice though for the humidity and pressurization.

Edge to AF with the 77W F class for seat and the seamless transfer experience but the LH FCT is quite a unique experience. I do find AF seat pitch on the short haul to be tighter than LH.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
No love for Etihad F? Similar pricing to AF.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:09 am
Original Poster

I couldn't find an Etihad fare for a similar price. I can fly AF ex LHR for £3900.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I've enjoyed the AF La Premiere twice (third time later today ) from MAN and absolutely love it. The AF staff treated me brilliantly plus the privacy on board is a huge boon though I understand the curtains aren't to everyone's taste.

It's the overall product. LH may do some things better but the consistency across the whole journey gives AF the edge. Make sure you have enough time to enjoy the P lounge, the food is top notch.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
If it were the 747-8i in F I might be more willing to side with LH but not a fan of the A380 F seat. Flying the tubby whale is nice though for the humidity and pressurization.
I have no experience of AF F but I much prefer LH A380 in F to the 747-8i. The latter is nice enough but it doesn’t give you the spacious feeling of the A380 F cabin with your own closet (right in front of your seat if in 1A or 1K) and the huge bathrooms.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I like both AF and LH F class. However, I would pick LH F due to the spaciousness of the cabin for such long flight. AF F cabin on the 77W is quite small and lack the space as in the A380 of LH F cabin.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Garuda F is underrated. Excellent product. LHR>SIN return for £3305

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ss-777-review/
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The review SFO777 gave GA's F made it look very appealing but I believe there have been recent reductions in service (frequency) of the F product as it is being removed from planes.

Originally Posted by Guvner067
Garuda F is underrated. Excellent product. LHR>SIN return for £3305

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ss-777-review/
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.