Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai to Detroit award

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Shanghai to Detroit award

We need to fly 2 adults on a First/Business award from PVG to DTW in mid-August. Maximum 1 stop which must be in the United States.

We could just book the Delta nonstop, but it's not at a saver award price. I realize the aforementioned constraint eliminates a ton of routings, but I'm wondering if there are any creative options we might consider. Assume we have sufficient miles and points with all three legacy carriers and any program that accepts transfers from SPG, Amex, Citi, or Chase.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The 1 stops that have saver level award availability?

Award tickets are all about availability. Trying to book ~30 days ahead of time during peak time compounds it even more.

There may be some program/transfer options that are better "value" but that depends on the individual's value of such points.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davie355
We need to fly 2 adults on a First/Business award from PVG to DTW in mid-August. Maximum 1 stop which must be in the United States.
Mid August 2017 or (more realistically) 2018?
People start looking & booking saver (& all) awards 355/330 days our depending on the ffp,

Have you looked at what airlines fly USA-PVG non stop? Or direct if that meets your criteria.

FT does not have a secret source of award flights.
Consider these http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...e-reviews.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.