Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Schedules

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Airline Schedules

Can someone please help me understand how a airline schedule works in particular specific aircraft frames.

Airlines typically don't use a single aircraft and rotate is on a single cycle from what I know and understand, they chop and change the aircraft used around.

I'm working on a piece of software at the moment that will be build 'fake' schedules. I don't want to assign a specific aircraft it's own sequence unless that's what airlines do.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
One example that may help you in the DL 747 thread/sticky. It shows the regular routes of DL's small remaining fleet of 744 aircraft. From there you can extrapolate.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Let's try this thread in TravelBuzz.

Sounds like some fun software

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Typically not but it sometimes happens that an aircraft is used exclusively on a route. E.g. when SQ ran out of 747s and leased one from MH for a while, it was used only on SIN-AKL-SIN. The sector length and schedules meant it just worked out (before factoring in maintenance and unplanned delays).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.