Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Star Alliance status in addition to Skyteam and Oneworld Plat.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist

Hey,
I've been travelling a lot past few years, especially with Skyteam and OneWorld.

For example in January I've been to the CES with DL in J then to Zurich with AF in J, then to Tokyo with Korean air in First. Then I'm going from Japan to NYC with Japan Airlines in First and finally I will fly back to paris with AF in J

I always fly First or Business.
I've chosen Air France because I'm based in Paris and because I can earn AF plat easily with few LaPremiere flights
Then for OneWorld I've chosen Qantas because I can earn miles on Emirates.
I'm QF plat.

But now as I really travelling more and more I'd like to get a Star Alliance status.
I fly lots of different airlines especially to the US and to ASIA and I'm lot loyal to specific airlines at all.

Please help which star alliance program I should choose !

Seba
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cbasti1
I've been travelling a lot past few years, especially with Skyteam and OneWorld.

For example in January I've been to the CES with DL in J then to Zurich with AF in J, then to Tokyo with Korean air in First. Then I'm going from Japan to NYC with Japan Airlines in First and finally I will fly back to Paris with AF in J

I always fly First or Business.
I've chosen Air France because I'm based in Paris and because I can earn AF plat easily with few LaPremiere flights
Then for OneWorld I've chosen Qantas because I can earn miles on Emirates.
I'm QF plat.

But now as I really travelling more and more I'd like to get a Star Alliance status.
I fly lots of different airlines especially to the US and to ASIA and I'm lot loyal to specific airlines at all.

Please help which star alliance program I should choose!
What is your objectives from a ffp?
What is your definition of "best"?

Look here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

QF is not a good ffp. Be able to credit EK flights to QF is a poor reason to use the QF ffp. www.wheretocredit.com/ek
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we send this to the *A forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What is your objectives from a ffp?
What is your definition of "best"?...
Sorry if I'm sort of cynical, but if someone flies so many paid long hauls in J and F every year, status is not really needed with any alliance. As for the miles earned (which you'll most probably, anyway, use up after retirement), keep crediting to Emirates, why dilute them more...
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry if I'm sort of cynical, but if someone flies so many paid long hauls in J and F every year, status is not really needed with any alliance. As for the miles earned (which you'll most probably, anyway, use up after retirement), keep crediting to Emirates, why dilute them more...
+100
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
If you "always fly business or first" status is basically irrelevant, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.