Even More Legroom

Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Even More Legroom

Hello, Just joined and looking for reviews on paying extra money for even more leg room on jet blue. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Welcome to FT!

You'll probably find the best discussions about this in the Jet Blue forum, where many Jet Blue flyers can offer experienced advice.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/

Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Buy a first class ticket?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
B6 has "Mint" service on limited routes.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Buy a first class ticket?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
It's like economy plus, different from their Mint product. It will give you a fair amount of extra legroom and priority boarding, worth it if you are tall and could benefit from some extra space.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk pchp.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to the B6 forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Free agent
I fly with Even More Space on every flight where it's not sold out.

Benefits:
More space
Priority through security (Some airports)
Priority boarding and access to storage
Served first during inflight food/beverage.
Reasonable price
Much higher likelihood that you don't have someone next to you.

Cons:
There are certain legs that seem overpriced for their duration. My usual route (JFK-MSY) has price shifts sometimes that are very confusing. Most of the time it's $45 per leg but I've seen as high as $100.

That being said I pay next to nothing for my upgrades due to Mosaic so that washes out for me.

Did you have any other specific questions?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:43 am

at 6'8" you will find me in EMS, usually exit row if available as it is slightly more seat pitch but otherwise in the front.
I usually do not get EMS on the 190's except if it is a long flight. My 190 trip is usually only JKF/BUF so I don't bother. E190 from JFK to FLL, then I would get EMS.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
at 6'8" you will find me in EMS, usually exit row if available as it is slightly more seat pitch but otherwise in the front.
I usually do not get EMS on the 190's except if it is a long flight. My 190 trip is usually only JKF/BUF so I don't bother. E190 from JFK to FLL, then I would get EMS.
The E190 is the mainstay for JFK-MSY during the offpeak seasons now. I'm in 12B every time. I find myself pining for the A320.

I'm also getting annoyed at the lack of capacity from B6 on the route. They've slowly scaled from 3 A320s to 1 A320 2 E190s to 2 A320s (Holidays only) to 2 E190s. The average fare price has skyrocketed over the last year or so as well. It's cheaper for me to fly to SFO RT than New Orleans most days.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
The E190 is the mainstay for JFK-MSY during the offpeak seasons now. I'm in 12B every time. I find myself pining for the A320.

I'm also getting annoyed at the lack of capacity from B6 on the route. They've slowly scaled from 3 A320s to 1 A320 2 E190s to 2 A320s (Holidays only) to 2 E190s. The average fare price has skyrocketed over the last year or so as well. It's cheaper for me to fly to SFO RT than New Orleans most days.
I've done a lot of research into flights to MSY, and they aren't cheap from anywhere on any airline. Unsure of the reason, but I figure the airport raised what they charge the airlines in order to finance the new airport.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by MDsteve
I've done a lot of research into flights to MSY, and they aren't cheap from anywhere on any airline. Unsure of the reason, but I figure the airport raised what they charge the airlines in order to finance the new airport.
It's got to be a combo of paying for the new airport and airlines realizing that it is one the "it" destinations in the US for well-heeled travelers. It's infuriating as my total spend is going to increase substantially and I'm losing flexibility on my departure timings. If I didn't have strong commitments keeping me in MSY I'd be jumping on cheap transcon fares and touring around California. It's more expensive to fly to MSY than SFO/LAX/SEA any day of the week. 200 seats a day to a major tourist destination seems really low.

Maybe an insider can comment but as you said, I can't even switch airlines to save money/time as the frequencies are low across the board and the coast is jumping up every month.

Sorry for the rant, it's quite annoying spending an extra 40% all of a sudden on routes I've been flying for nearly 15 years.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:12 pm

It's got to be a combo of paying for the new airport and airlines realizing that it is one the "it" destinations in the US for well-heeled travelers.
I would tend to agree, but their stats list the airport as only having 5 million enplaned passengers YTD through November 2016. The airport is in shambles and there is no modern infrastructure for refueling planes. Good part is I can walk around a drink my $12 beer.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:39 pm

It seems like flights to MSY on any airline are incredibly expensive.

On the original topic, the EMS seats are nice if you're on a longer flight but it's never been a must have for me. I'm 6'2" and fit just fine in the normal B6 seats. Heck the normal B6 seats have as much leg room as some premium economy seats on other airlines.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by MDsteve
I would tend to agree, but their stats list the airport as only having 5 million enplaned passengers YTD through November 2016. The airport is in shambles and there is no modern infrastructure for refueling planes. Good part is I can walk around a drink my $12 beer.
At the risk of putting this thread a bit further off-topic...

I remember being able to get sub-$100 RT's from MDW-MSY on WN, even for peak trips like Friday-Sunday. And for a while I had the Southwest companion pass, so it was a great way to spend weekends with the wife. Now I sometimes have trouble finding sub-$400 RT's for weekend trips, on any airline. As a result, those MSY trips are now mostly NYC trips. As mentioned upthread, it is cheaper for me to fly all the way to SFO or LAX (and of course NYC). We really do enjoy MSY but just can't justify those airfares.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's got to be a combo of paying for the new airport and airlines realizing that it is one the "it" destinations in the US for well-heeled travelers.
More the latter than the former, I'd bet.

At most the airport can charge $4.50 per departure in PFCs. That's a big part of what pays for construction. The airport can raise landing fees or parking rates but those changes are typically small and don't often reflect directly on ticket prices.

Capacity appears to be up in recent years, with more flights operating. But that's no guarantee of fares coming down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.