Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help me plan honeymoon trip to europe or asia from lax

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

help me plan honeymoon trip to europe or asia from lax

Getting married this summer. I have about 300k united, 300 aa, 120 british airways, 130k ultimate rewards.

Flying from LAX. Destination of either japan/asia or europe (rom, lhr, santorini, etc). End of July to First week of August for 10-14 days.

Any suggestions of what to do? I'm open to any destination as long as good routes. like to fly business or first on some of the segments.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Congratulations!

That's kind of a wide-open question. Where have you and your future spouse already been? Where are you likely to go in the future anyhow? What sorts of things do you want to do?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How about staying in a remote cottage in the Scottish Highlands and trying your hand at fly fishing?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Nursing
Making Summer Flying Plans

Congratulations on your marriage. That is a wonderful thing. Here is what I would do:

1. I would plan early.

2. Make your reservations as early as you can.

3. Plan ahead as much in advance as you can.

I hope that you have a wonderful honeymoon.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by webazoid
Any suggestions of what to do?
Narrow down a list of locations.
Look for award availability for your dates.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I found Karlovy Vary, CZ enchanting. A spa town near Prague. And Prague is charming.

Venice.

Capri and Sorrento.

Salzburg.

Budapest.

Vienna.

Hilo or a more remote island.

Isle of Guernsey.

Isle of Skye.

Malta.

You really do have to pick the place first.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:27 pm

If you are interested in Europe, you could do worse than LH F with your United miles. 110k each way. Seats tend to open up 1-2 weeks post departure.

You have lots of options for the other direction- UA with you UA miles (plus Chase points if necessary), AA miles, Ultimate rewards transfer to AF (they have quarterly promos. If your destination is on the promo list, this can be an economical way to find award J seats).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by travellingwineO
Seats tend to open up 1-2 weeks post departure.
Does it also come with a feature to go back in time?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Does it also come with a feature to go back in time?
That costs extra!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Nursing
Flying Plans

I would make it a narrow small list of places to go and see. I would also make a very small list on which airlines can take you there as well.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
Getting married this summer. I have about 300k united, 300 aa, 120 british airways, 130k ultimate rewards.

Flying from LAX. Destination of either japan/asia or europe (rom, lhr, santorini, etc). End of July to First week of August for 10-14 days.

Any suggestions of what to do? I'm open to any destination as long as good routes. like to fly business or first on some of the segments.
Do not pick your destination only based on availability. Pick something you will both enjoy. E.g. beach vs culture vs active vs relaxed vs city/countryside, etc. Or at the very least, what she will enjoy. Budget also comes into play.

Japan is too hot at that time. Many good options in Asia but 10 days is on the short side. You can Combine Hong Kong with a beach destination. In Europe, Spain (Barcelona + Costa Brava) are great.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:44 pm

It will be hot in most part of Asia (especially Hong Kong) but I am a frequent visitor of HK because of the foods and things to do.

What about LAX - NRT - HKG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.