Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Flying to Rome Italy from JFk or YYZ in Sept.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, Southwest and Jet blue

Booking through Chase Ultimate Rewards-looking to fly direct business class from either airport. Looking for recommendations for what airport, airline, type of plane, and best time frame- how many months out to get best price. 5 month window is said to be best but want to get finalized so I can book tours etc. Have Hotel booked already. Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:23 am

Flying into Rome, there is only one airport. FCO which is Fiumicino/Leonardo da Vinci International. Are you only going to be in Rome or other cities as well?

There is an Italy forum that has information on a range of topics.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Avoid AZ.

The other airlines flying that route nonstop have decent J products. so look at what fits your schedule & price constraints.

In general for nonstop options I'd go DL>AC>UA>AA>AZ.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, Southwest and Jet blue
Originally Posted by mromalley
Flying into Rome, there is only one airport. FCO which is Fiumicino/Leonardo da Vinci International. Are you only going to be in Rome or other cities as well?

There is an Italy forum that has information on a range of topics.
Thanks for the reply. Yes flying into and out of FCO. Looking to do 5 days in Rome before a cruise that lasts 11 days of the Western Mediterranean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.