Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TATL ex-SFO Business seat for sleeping

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Best TATL ex-SFO Business seat for sleeping

Subject line pretty much says it all. If I'm flying to Europe from SFO in Business, what's my best option for a comfortable seat that I might actually get to sleep in? I don't sleep easily, and I'm not a narrow frame. I'm open to a connection within US/Canada, but I'd rather have one long TATL leg.

Thanks!
-- Ethan
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:05 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
As this thread is not specific to Oneworld, I'm moving it to the "Information Desk" board for a wider audience.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by solomita
Subject line pretty much says it all. If I'm flying to Europe from SFO in Business, what's my best option for a comfortable seat that I might actually get to sleep in?
Lots of airlines to pick from. I would avoid BA as their seats are narrower than some seats of their competitors and the bed is (at least for me) a couple of inches too short.

Other than that, I would probably check what alliance, departure/arrival times, etc... you prefer. Take into account your budget, destination in Europe, etc... You can fly pretty much airline from SFO to Europe.

PS: I would avoid transiting in the US. Say you want to fly to Madrid. There's no non-stop flight (AFAIK) out of SFO. Either you change planes in the US or in Europe. If you do so in Europe, you will avoid having to carry your checked baggage on the way back.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Turkish is fantastic. Slept like a baby. Food and entertainment are stellar as well.

Last edited by cascade; Jan 15, 2017 at 1:14 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by cascade
Turkish is fantastic. Slept like a baby. Food and entertainment are stellar as well.
Turkish has however the disadvantage, that it's a massive detour for most European destinations.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Currently I'd go LX. The later departure (20:10) on the 77W (some days but supposed to go 77W 7 days a week I believe) is more idea for sleep and I like the seat. Especially the throne seat. I'm 6' tall and am rather broad shouldered so I understand the seating preferences. Also the number of connections along with ease of transit (grab a shower before connection) is preferential.

I avoid BA for the reasons listed above. VS I like as a product but can be tight laying down. Also you end up having to transfer onto another airline which allows for more complications to arise.

Not a huge KLM fan but hear better things about their new product.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Currently I'd go LX. The later departure (20:10) on the 77W (some days but supposed to go 77W 7 days a week I believe) is more idea for sleep and I like the seat. Especially the throne seat. I'm 6' tall and am rather broad shouldered so I understand the seating preferences..
Thanks Yoshi! I read a number of reviews that indicated LX's seats were hard, and that this made it hard to sleep. Is that not your experience?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I do think they're firmer than others but I like firm mattresses. But they also have an option to soften or firm up the seat.

Originally Posted by solomita
Thanks Yoshi! I read a number of reviews that indicated LX's seats were hard, and that this made it hard to sleep. Is that not your experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.