Wiki Posts
Search

Short Flight help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Short Flight help

Hi,

I will be traveling with the fam in Spring of this year. I need to book a short haul flight from SIN to KL (RT) and per google flights, there are some cheap flights. The price varies and I was wondering if they all include luggages or I have to pay out of pocket. I will have at least 2 piece of luggage and per 2 mini strollers since my origin is from the U.S

I am booking SIN to KL as a separate flight. Any recommendation on the flights I should take? Should I just go with JetStar or AirAsia since its so cheap ($40 to $50 USD)

Two adult, Two child (4 & 6)

JetStar
AirAsia
TigerAir
Malaysia
Singapore Air

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
SQ & MH generally include some baggage allowance, but you must verify before booking to confirm, and the others are LLCs which often do not include a checked baggage allowance. Sometimes the LLCs can still be cheaper with the luggage fees but it all depends on the different between what a mainline airline such as SQ or MH and what the LLCs are charging.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by ponickka
Hi,

I will be traveling with the fam in Spring of this year. I need to book a short haul flight from SIN to KL (RT) and per google flights, there are some cheap flights. The price varies and I was wondering if they all include luggages or I have to pay out of pocket. I will have at least 2 piece of luggage and per 2 mini strollers since my origin is from the U.S

I am booking SIN to KL as a separate flight. Any recommendation on the flights I should take? Should I just go with JetStar or AirAsia since its so cheap ($40 to $50 USD)

Two adult, Two child (4 & 6)

JetStar
AirAsia
TigerAir
Malaysia
Singapore Air

Thanks
If you go on the AirAsia website and try a booking they will normally show you fares with and without baggage included. The very cheap fares will almost certainly not include baggage fees.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

never flown Jetstar or AirAsia. Are they any good?

Plus, i was able to find MH Flight for $75 RT. Should I just go with that?

At first, I was thinking SQ but if the flights with MH or other brand is clean/safe, I rather save a few pennies
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If it's $40-50 + luggage fees on an LCC and $75 on MH with luggage I'd go MH. It'll be on a 737, probably, for a short hop and they have multiple flights per day if things do go south.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by ponickka
never flown Jetstar or AirAsia. Are they any good?

Plus, i was able to find MH Flight for $75 RT. Should I just go with that?

At first, I was thinking SQ but if the flights with MH or other brand is clean/safe, I rather save a few pennies
I flew AirAsia last year from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. The flight was actually pretty good, new planes, they charge for everything but that is ok with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.