Suggestions HKG-YYZ in new year

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:46 pm
qsh
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Question Suggestions HKG-YYZ in new year

Any suggestions/ HELP?

My experiment with award ticket backfired...

Booked a oneway J class award on Cathay to go back to HK, but could not find one to come back to Toronto in Early/Mid January.

My budget is 1000usd or points eqv for a oneway J class ticket (I will settle for Premium Economy too)
And I have Alaska and Lifemiles for redemption.

Any suggestions please???
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You are hoping for a reasonable revenue or award ticket in business clas to go to HKG-YYZ proceeding and during Chinese new year?? I'd also like a pony with a winning lottery ticket.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
$1,000 one-way HKG-YYZ during Chinese New Year. You must be kidding me. No chance in J. Try something like Hainan, but even there I doubt it. With that budget you are looking at Y going back.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
2017 Chinese New Year: Saturday January 28th

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
You are hoping for a reasonable revenue or award ticket in business clas to go to HKG-YYZ proceeding and during Chinese new year??
Originally Posted by LondonElite
$1,000 one-way HKG-YYZ during Chinese New Year...
I don't know about reasonable fares in January but, FWIW, Chinese New Year Eve will be January 27th, 2017. I don't think the celebration would start that early in Early/Mid January, the target timeframe of OP, at least not in Hong Kong nor Taiwan:

Originally Posted by qsh
... but could not find one to come back to Toronto in Early/Mid January.
FYI: Chinese New Year Dates 2017
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:58 pm
qsh
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Thanks for the comments.
I finally got one on HU with Alaska Mileage Plan, but with a staggering 200usd tax...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.