Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD Post Issues & Discussion (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Mileage Posting - Miles, Flights, EQD, Post Issues & Discussion

Sometimes miles / segments / flights take longer to post in one's aa.com account.
  • AA miles may post before your flight is over
  • Partner airlines and other sources may post miles periodically, even weekly.
  • AA may run batch processes on weekends including other source miles (occasionally, accounts may appear "zeroed out" at those times).
  • Glitches may occur in posting miles.
Requests for missing miles may be entered on the aa.com webform
here
- at least 15 days after flying (requires ticket number)

For more efficient documentation of missing miles:
  • Retain your boarding passes until all miles, etc. have posted.
  • Retain a copy of your e-ticket or receipt (with ticket numbers - ticket numbers do not recycle, PNRs do)
  • Be aware of miles earning rules, particularly for one world pa enter flights operated by non-one world airlines
    See Link for math & miles Help Desk
    See Link for earning AA miles on partner airlines
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive

Has anyone else seen miles from flights not posting in the typical 2 days? I had a flight on Monday that still hasn't posted yet...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Yes, same here. I was going to ask the same question. My flight on Monday has not posted, nor has my Wednesday flight (as expected I guess).
Also, I flew RT from BOS-PHL-VCE (Venice Italy) about a month ago. The BOS-PHL, PHL-BOS segments never posted. I'm having to now go through the missing mileage process. At least the PHL-VCE posted but there seems to be some issues with the combining of the programs.
When I called US to get the BOS-PHL mileage, they said they can't see that information any longer and I had to deal with AA. Maybe some glitch between the US and AA systems?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My US flights I took Monday also have not posted. Just another 'glitch' to add to the rest...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
My US (AA marketed) flights have taken 3-4 days to post and not always in order by date of flight.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Ok great, glad to hear it isn't just me. Interestingly, the flight doesn't show up any more under "my trips" on the AA site. I will report back when it posts.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Apparently a fairly widespread problem. I have yet to see miles post for travel this past Monday and Tuesday (April 20 and 21). Hum.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:50 pm
Suspended

I'm doing an EXP challenge and will have the 25KEQPs needed with a trip this weekend from MIA to SJU. I really do not want to have to wait several days for the flights to post. I can almost smell the return to the 8 SWUs, unlimited complimentary space available upgrades (not that I get a lot out of MIA), the EXP desk, etc.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: National ES
I'm waiting on 3 or 4 flights from the week of account merger for AA operated/US Marketed flights to show up. For some reason the 1 Eagle flight showed up, but none of the mainline AA flights did.

I requested credit online, emailed, and called.

I've had no luck.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - PLT Pro, United Premier PLT, HHonors - Diamond, National - Ex. Elite
missing flights!

I'm missing everything since the March 25th changeover date from US Air. It does appear that they have added SOME of my flights/miles since, but I can't prove it as I cannot find any mileage history anywhere. I feel like I need to request missing miles, but with no history that I can find I'm not sure what flights I am missing.

I actually emailed them tonight basically asking, nicely, "What the ****?"

US Air's site was much more user friendly.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond
Save Your Boarding Passes

I have 12 legs still unaccounted for..including a single leg of a 4-leg RT, one leg of a 2-leg, RT -- from two weeks ago.

I have done phone calls, mail, and email.

A really wonderful CSR told me that it is (obviously) a huge problem which they will work through. He also told me that the Boarding Passes were key if some flights just don't make the balance.

I figure I have 7 months to get it squared away.

PS - I really do miss everything posting within 48 hours.

Last edited by Jaxxon; Apr 23, 2015 at 6:43 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Airrage
US Air's site was much more user friendly.
I thought so too. One of the best things about US' website was the ability to instantly get mileage credit by entering the flight details that were taken.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: WFBF
Still missing two segments from nearly three weeks ago. If this were still the pmUS operation I'd just punch in the ticket numbers and probably have it post within minutes. But it's AA... guess I'll have to hop on the phone tomorrow.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

My flight from 4/20 posted today - 4 days total.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:37 am
Suspended

I would suggest always getting a paper BP and saving it until flights post. Also save your flight confirmation into Notes again until flights post.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
So what is the consensus on how long to wait prior to requesting missing miles. Flying on US metal and waiting the 15 days the site requests seem a bit long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.