Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Wikileaks-Podesta Travel (non-discounts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..

If you flag this please tell me why as I thought I was in line with rules...I'm making an observation/ answer to question (non-political) that I sure had and would be suprised if others didn't as well...

I assumed that going through the Podesta and similar emails I would find a treasure trove of special hotel/air discounts, codes to use for VIP upgrades, etc. I've found none of the above in fact of the few BP's I found they were for economy air or rail seats. Hotel rates appeared higher than my corp rate (although I couldn't compare exact dates) I'm really dissapointed, I really thought I would see into how the well connected travel better than I. In fact, I see that they seem to get the same Hotwire spam emails as we do too.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I'm curious if you fellow travel nerds found anything???
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: OnePass, Delta
... guess you do not feel jilted after all!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by bo1953
... guess you do not feel jilted after all!
No, guess the Government rates good enough for them...
I mean he does get to travel in motorcades and has been on Air Force one, I can't imagine going back to economy on American after that. Heck I've been on private jets a handful of times and it's so much harder for me to fly commercial, although I do weekly.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
No, guess the Government rates good enough for them...
I mean he does get to travel in motorcades and has been on Air Force one, I can't imagine going back to economy on American after that. Heck I've been on private jets a handful of times and it's so much harder for me to fly commercial, although I do weekly.
Podesta isn't a government employee, so government rates may not apply.

Of most of the people whom I know to be close to HRC, they seem to be flying mostly economy class and not staying at very posh hotels/resorts when it comes to personal travel. There are some exceptions of course. Did Wikileaks mention anything about Aman resorts?

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 25, 2016 at 6:26 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Clearly they should be flying Delta instead http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....r-politicians/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.