Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Can I buy a Spirit Airlines ticket at a Spirit airport counter for any Spirit cities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I buy a Spirit Airlines ticket at a Spirit airport counter for any Spirit cities?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Hello board,
New member here. Surely posting in the wrong place. Moderator, please move post if necessary.

I was curious if it's possible to purchase Spirit tickets at one airport, for a flight out of another? Example, drive to ACY and purchase round trip ticket to fly out of LaGuardia or PHL.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by RE4ME
Hello board,
New member here. Surely posting in the wrong place. Moderator, please move post if necessary.

I was curious if it's possible to purchase Spirit tickets at one airport, for a flight out of another? Example, drive to ACY and purchase round trip ticket to fly out of LaGuardia or PHL.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Why would you do this if you clearly have access to the Internet (otherwise you would not be posting here)?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by RE4ME
Hello board,

Any thoughts?

TIA
You should be able to buy the ticket at any airport that Spirit flies out of.

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
Why would you do this if you clearly have access to the Internet (otherwise you would not be posting here)?
Because believe it or not, Spirit charges an internet fee that makes buying the ticket at the airport cheaper.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys...
Correct, it's cheaper face-to-face vs online. Also, my companion is in a different state and doesn't have access to go to airport in advance to buy tickets for later date.

Since I'm close to a different airport, I'm hoping they would sell round trip out of different airport.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:47 am

Any Spirit agent can sell you a ticket to and from any airport they use.

Just be aware that most airports do not have a Spirit agent all day. If there are no flights after midnight and the next day's first flight is at 6 a.m., you can be reasonably sure there will be no ticket agent between 11:30 p.m. and 4:30 a.m.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by swag
You should be able to buy the ticket at any airport that Spirit flies out of.

Because believe it or not, Spirit charges an internet fee that makes buying the ticket at the airport cheaper.
Wow really? 2002 called...

In Europe airlines actually charge a non-online booking fee most of the time (for buying at the airport or by phone call).

The only airline that charges a booking fee that I know of is KLM, who charge 10 euros for online booking, but I think they will charge even more if you buy at the airport or through the phone. So baasically all tickets are just 10 euros more expensive than listed (which I think should be illegal really but hey that's off topic). You used to get around it by booking through air france but that's no longer possible. I do think there are ways around it but then youll have to pay some online travel agent booking fee I think. All in all 10 euros isnt that much.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
Wow really? 2002 called...

In Europe airlines actually charge a non-online booking fee most of the time (for buying at the airport or by phone call).

The only airline that charges a booking fee that I know of is KLM, who charge 10 euros for online booking, but I think they will charge even more if you buy at the airport or through the phone. So baasically all tickets are just 10 euros more expensive than listed (which I think should be illegal really but hey that's off topic). You used to get around it by booking through air france but that's no longer possible. I do think there are ways around it but then youll have to pay some online travel agent booking fee I think. All in all 10 euros isnt that much.
Spirit knows that most people either will not go to the airport to save the money or are unaware of the extra fee for booking online. It's an easy way for the airline to make extra money with little effort on their part.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by AUCLABruin
Spirit knows that most people either will not go to the airport to save the money or are unaware of the extra fee for booking online. It's an easy way for the airline to make extra money with little effort on their part.
Even Wizz Air and Ryan Air, the most low cost of low cost airlines in europe, don't sink that low. wow !

(in fact if you buy at the airport for those airlines, you will be charged extra)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.