Wiki Posts
Search

New Member \ Lowest Fair search for Panama

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: united \ explorer card
New Member \ Lowest Fair search for Panama

Forgive me if I picked the wrong section to post in: I live within spitting distance of Montreal, Quebec and Vermont and am looking for a flight to David, Panama in November.

I have visited this site for a long time now but never given it enough time to get involved, but travel is a large part of work so I do my best to pay attention to the news as this site is a mine of great information. Cost is at a premium so I don't travel primarily with the purpose of accruing points or miles although it's a benefit so I try and lurk to best understand how to use the online sites available.

I have to admit though there are so many tools available and methods for going about the madness of maximizing benefits vs cost etc... that it's hard to wrap my head around sometimes.

I guess I am trying to sort out where the best place to start is versus simply going to United, logging in and searching (vs starting with ITA or something). Also I apologize if this is perhaps a bit too broad a question but hey I figured I would start somewhere! Sorry for the ramble
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Google.com/flights input your start and end points with dates and let it search for you. You can put in multiple airports such as those in Montreal & Vermont areas at once.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I didn't know that you could add multiple start points before - super helpful, thank you.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:33 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by itsadam
I guess I am trying to sort out where the best place to start is versus simply going to United, logging in and searching (vs starting with ITA or something). Also I apologize if this is perhaps a bit too broad a question but hey I figured I would start somewhere! Sorry for the ramble
Searching United.com will only return United and some partner flights.

Searching ITA Matrix, Google Flights, Kayak, etc will show most flight options. I'd suggest using one or more of these for the route and dates you need.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Google Flights seems to be the most impressive so far - ITA looks nice but I feel like I am under utilizing the ability to do advance searches there lol. I wish I lived a little closer to some of the bigger airports that allow for the sub 400 dollar Central American flights. Montreal isn't too bad so far though.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe see what you can get by adding a Greyhound journey to the NYC area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.