Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Seeking Advice on Award Point Redemption Options for LAX to LIH

Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:40 am
Original Poster

What would be the best points to use to travel to lih in nov of 2017? I have amex, chase, Alaskan, and citi points. Looking to use these points for the whole trip. I also have a 300 travel credit from my csr card.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 4, 2016 at 4:54 am Reason: thread title too vague
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chadd1
What would be the best points to use to travel to lih in nov of 2017? I have amex, chase, Alaskan, and citi points. Looking to use these points for the whole trip. I also have a 300 travel credit from my csr card.
I've asked the Mods to move this to the Information Desk forum. I would suggest xferring Chase UR to B.A. and then booking travel on AS metal for 12.5K each way. You'll need to call BA to do this. Make sure flts are available before xferring UR to BA.

You have to spent $$ on travel before your Dec. stmt. posts if you want to get the $300 credit on CSR for 2016.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 5, 2016 at 7:40 pm
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by chadd1
Alaska
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by philemer
I've asked the Mods to move this to the Information Desk forum. I would suggest xferring Chase UR to B.A. and then booking travel on AS metal for 12.5K each way. You'll need to call BA to do this. Make sure flts are available before xferring UR to BA.
As someone new to UR, I wonder whether you would still recommend this option if one was seeking an F seat? Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by philemer
I've asked the Mods to move this to the Information Desk forum.
Noted and done!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
As someone new to UR, I wonder whether you would still recommend this option if one was seeking an F seat? Thanks.
No. BA charges 50K Avios for a one-way in F for a nonstop from the West Coast to Hawaii on AA or AS. If one can find lowest-tier award seats on DL or UA, then redeeming KE or SQ miles (respectively) would be a cheaper option -- as long as one has points that transfer to KE or SQ.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The best use is the one that has availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.