Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Norwegian, Finnair
My flight is rescheduled..

Hi flyers.
Thats my first thread on flyertalk.com.
Hope its placed right

I've booket trickets CPH-IST-KUL, with Turkish Airlines.
The Airline has Yesterday rescheduled this trip. It means that i have to have a stay in IST for over 12 hours. (Normally it was about 2 hours).
Its over night, so that means that i now need a hotelroom.
But what are my rights?
Can an Airlines just reschedule?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:53 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Fruth
But what are my rights?
EU261 for one, but yes of course an airline can reschedule.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FT.

The Ramada is probably the closest hotel to Ataturk airport (but I might stay in the Old Town myself). Check with TK and see if you're eligible for STPC (Stipover Paid by Carrier) provides accommodation in this instance, after you have check schedules to see if you can request alternate and more convenient flights.

Note airlines do change their schedules - there are seasonal changes ABC even slot conferences to achieve these. If you buy your tickets far out enough, expect schedule changes and keep on top of them - the airline will not care more than you do about your travel.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Hi flyers.
Thats my first thread on flyertalk.com.
Hope its placed right

I've booket trickets CPH-IST-KUL, with Turkish Airlines.
The Airline has Yesterday rescheduled this trip. It means that i have to have a stay in IST for over 12 hours. (Normally it was about 2 hours).
Its over night, so that means that i now need a hotelroom.
But what are my rights?
Welcome to FT!

The airline has a right to change its schedule, but a major change likes this one gives you the right to cancel and receive a full refund if you do not find the new schedule acceptable. Before you contact the airline, you should look to see if any alternative flights are acceptable to you.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes. Schedule changes happen all the time.

Your rights here will depend on a great deal more detail from you.

1. You have used the term "tickets" in the plural. Do you really mean that you purchased two tickets? Or is this a single ticket CPH-KUL with a connection at IST.

2. What was changed? Was it the CPH-IST or the KUL-IST? Or was it both?

3. What other options exist?

4. What is the date you were scheduled to depart CPH?

5. Your profile is incomplete. Where do you reside? Do you have any status on TK? Also, how did you book the ticket(s) (with TK, through a TA (if so, which TA)?

Without those details, there will be a lot of speculation here, but TK is a very tough carrier to deal with, so it is going to be critical to get the facts down and then make the single best demand/request.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will complete my profile asap

The ticket is purchased by TK.
CPH-KUL with an transit in IST and the same transit in IST in the returnflight.
They made som small changes the last month (5-15min) which is ok.
But the one was a major one i think, and gives me no other choice than stay at a hotel or sleep at the airport... I prefer a hotel

The ORIGINAL date and times is:
Dep: KUL 20. January 2017, 12:25
ETA: IST 20. January 2017, 17:55
DEP: IST 20. January 2017, 20:20
ETA: CPH 20. January 2017, 22:50

NEW date and times:
DEP: KUL 20. January 2017, 12:25
DEP: IST 21. January 2017, 08:25
ETA: CPH 20. January 2017, 10:55

BTW, i'm from Denmark.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Thank you for the warm welcome. I will complete my profile asap

The ticket is purchased by TK.
CPH-KUL with an transit in IST and the same transit in IST in the returnflight.
They made som small changes the last month (5-15min) which is ok.
But the one was a major one i think, and gives me no other choice than stay at a hotel or sleep at the airport... I prefer a hotel

The ORIGINAL date and times is:
Dep: KUL 20. January 2017, 12:25
DEP: IST 20. January 2017, 20:20
ETA: CPH 20. January 2017, 22:50

NEW date and times:

BTW, i'm from Denmark.
So you travel back in time 24 hours on your new schedule flying from IST to CPH? That's sweet

Just call them and ask for your options; full refund, a free of charge change in your booking, or a hotel refund.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
NEW date and times:
Request to change to the later KUL-IST flight which would give a shorter layover.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
So you travel back in time 24 hours on your new schedule flying from IST to CPH? That's sweet

Just call them and ask for your options; full refund, a free of charge change in your booking, or a hotel refund.

HAHA - dammit - my mistake
I Will try to Call Them.
But the question was, is there any general rules in the "flight-business" about rescheduling?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Because you were notified more than two weeks out, there is no compensation of any kind due under EC 261/2004. Not sure where the hotel refund idea comes from.

Under EC 261/2004, at your option, you may have:
1. A refund
2. A later rerouting at your convenience
3. A rerouting at your earliest convenience

Why don't you figure out exactly what you want and then call TK. It is best to do the research yourself and make specific requests by flight number, rather than asking TK. TK will likely just tell you that you have the best alternative (and maybe you do).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, the TK evening flight, IST-CPH and early morning flight CPH-IST are now gone/cancelled All pax on the morning/before noon flights from KUL and BKK connecting to CPH at IST have been affected by this - what a mess!

No hotel will be provided as there is a later KUL-IST flight that connects very well with the TK morning flight to CPH (departure from KUL around 11PM, arrival IST around 5AM). If you would like to change your KUL-IST flight to the evening flight you should call TK.

You may also request a full refund upon which you can book a new ticket with the dates and flights that now suits you. In the past I have used such schedule changes to get a free date change by requesting a full refund and make a new booking for the new dates I preferred.

Last edited by SK AAR; Aug 28, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I don't think it should be a mess. The TK flight from KUL IST is now a redeye, arriving in IST at 5:20 am and connecting with the morning departure to Copenhagen --

TK 61 Lv KUL 11:45 pm Ar IST 5:20 am
TK 1783 Lv IST 8:25 am Ar CPH 10:55 am
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes, the TK evening flight, IST-CPH and early morning flight CPH-IST are now gone/cancelled All pax on the morning/before noon flights from KUL and BKK connecting to CPH at IST have been affected by this - what a mess!

No hotel will be provided as there is a later KUL-IST flight that connects very well with the TK morning flight to CPH (departure from KUL around 11PM, arrival IST around 5AM). If you would like to change your KUL-IST flight to the evening flight you should call TK.

You may also request a full refund upon which you can book a new ticket with the dates and flights that now suits you. In the past I have used such schedule changes to get a free date change by requesting a full refund and make a new booking for the new dates I preferred.
And bear in mind that before you cancel for a refund and use that refund to purchase new tickets, you also have the option under EC 261/2004, of flying at a later date and simply having TK make the change.

If the later flights are cheaper, cancel for a refund and then purchase new tickets. If the later flights are more expensive, do not cancel, but have TK make the change.

Needless to say, TK is not under a legal obligation to book you onto other carriers and is unlikely to do so.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you all, for the good advice!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Fruth.

As this is a TK subject, we'll move this to the TK forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.